Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

[ QUOTE ]
with the addition of Farha, Negreanu, Gold, Harman and Elezra to the table tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

Farha and Elezra are two of my least favorites on the show. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it just pisses me off to watch someone who has enough money to call $16,000 with K7s. I'm sure most people would rather watch those two slop it around with garbage hands than a couple of nits fold for an hour. I guess I just like something in between...not nitty but not crazy stupid either.

For example, I really like the way Negreanu plays on the show. Esfandiari is another one of my favorites.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:07 AM

Negreanu was awesome tonight with the showing the one card and minbluffing Farha out, and then later when he switched Elezra's holecards with his own, gold. <3 Negreanu.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is amazing how much the rest of the table openly disrespects jamie.

do you think he realizes this, or is he just so much in his own world that he just counts his 12 million dollars and doesn't give a [censored] what other poker players think of him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold is actually starting to grow on me. I like him more every time I see him. I definitely like him more than Brian Brandon or Bob Safai.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 AM

This was fun to watch, but dont call it poker.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:31 AM

When will Jennifer Harman play a hand. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with the addition of Farha, Negreanu, Gold, Harman and Elezra to the table tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

Farha and Elezra are two of my least favorites on the show. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it just pisses me off to watch someone who has enough money to call $16,000 with K7s. I'm sure most people would rather watch those two slop it around with garbage hands than a couple of nits fold for an hour. I guess I just like something in between...not nitty but not crazy stupid either.

For example, I really like the way Negreanu plays on the show. Esfandiari is another one of my favorites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on Farha and Elezra. Both hyperaggrodonks imho.. super -EV in this game. Has farha ever CHECKED the flop in the history of the show. Elezra is a major donk preflop. Farha just raises with complete garbage preflop. I wonder how long he'll last this season.. if I recall he busted in quick fashion last time, rebought, lost more, then got up and left.

I still can't figure out where elezra and farha got their money. It sure isn't at NL holdem side games. I have a hard time believing they can be good at any kind of poker game given just how bad they are at NL holdem.

Of course maybe they just play this way on TV. Although Townsend took 2mil from farha live heads up too..

and btw, boo for high stakes not inviting townsend back. Who wants to see that nit Harman play. Get townsend back in there. Ivey too .. and bring back Brad Busto Booth. I want to see him raise bluff allin $300K with someone else's money [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 01:59 AM

"everyone's bowing to phil and phil doesn't think its a joke"
Old 09-18-2007, 02:01 AM

I thought Baxter was half decent until his shove after supernit Hellmuth's minraise with only a crappy draw
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 AM

I thought Gold played the J8cc pretty good.

I like this episode more than the previous ones (Except the first). NExt weeks looks good cant wait
Old 09-18-2007, 02:11 AM

phil begging for insurance, what a fraud