FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 07:49 PM

Default 3 uber boring MTT hands

Hand 1 - Level 1, blinds 25-50

i make it 175 to go in EP with 10-10, one caller in MP

flop is Q-4-Q

i lead for 300, he makes it 1100

my play??

Hand 2 - Level 3, blinds 75-150. Villain is playing 6.5k-ish. he makes it 500 from the cutoff, i flat call with As-Kd in the BB (playing 18k)

flop
2s-6s-8s

i check, he bets 600, i call

turn Jh, i check, he bets 1400

my play??

Hand 3 - Day 2, blinds 800-1600. i have only been moved to this table about 2 orbits ago and have doubled up since i got there. average stack is 45k, 33 players left.
i open with 10-10 to 4400 from EP (playing 25k), Villain re-pops to 12k (playing 35k). i figure his range here could be 7-7+, A-K, A-Q.
if i push here im getting called by an overpair or A-K, A-Q and i dont want to race so i decide on a stop and go. so if he has overcards and misses the flop he will fold to my bet and even if he has J-J or Q-Q he could fold on an A-K-rag flop as me cold calling his raise oop looks strong. this is obviously bad if it lets him get away from a smaller pair that he would have called a shove with preflop. so i call the 12k and shove my remaining 13k on the flop. opinions please??
Old 05-29-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: 3 uber boring MTT hands

Hand 1: Really need stack sizes. Buy-in would be good too. A read would probably be nice, but given that it's level 1, you probably don't have one. If the board doesn't have 2 of a suit, it's unlikely he has a Q in hand 1. A smaller PP is his most likely hand.

Hand 2: Reraise preflop, raise flop bet. You've got a big stack, make him make a decision.

Hand 3: 33 left, but how many pay? Again, a read would be very nice. If he knows what he's doing, it seems very likely he's got you crushed here, and given that you're pushing 13K into a ~25K pot, he's only going to fold on a pretty wretched flop. If he seems straightforward, I can find a fold here. If he's been pretty active, I like your line.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:21 AM

sorry hand 1 starting stack was 10k, only a few hands in. its a 1000 euro buy-in ($1350ish).

hand 3, 13 get paid, 36k for winner down to 1.5k. read wise hes a really good, pretty aggressive player.

its all the one tourny btw
Old 05-30-2007, 01:06 AM

Hand 1: Sounds like your M is high. His hand could be and underpair (8s, 9s) but could easily be Js as well. If stacks are deep just let it go unless there's some circumstancial tell or betting pattern note, etc.

Hand 2: Once again, sounds like Ms above 20, so stacks have enough depth to them. I fancy a re-raise in the blinds with AK most of the time due to out-of-positioning post-flop. Calling is ok though. On the turn you're getting approximately 3100 to 1400 (~2.2 : 1) with nut flush draw + overs. That's a tough fold for me. Especially when he raised Pre Flop from CO, which widens hand range and dilutes possibility of an overpair somewhat. I say call.

Hand 3: If you commit to the hand, waiting til a flop will offer villain 2 to 1. I say if you're going with it, shove pre flop. If not, fold. I'm a skeptic of the blind-flop shove play with 10s in this spot. I'd much rather offer villain 2 to 1 pre flop where only 4 hands beat me than on a flop where it completely opens up.

-Gpro

Hand 2: