Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Stars $50 - limp/reraise with AA

I know i need to mix it up, but i don't ALWAYS limp/reraise AA and KK. Right now i'm around 50/50 from EP, and I'm thinking about mixing in like AKs or some other random hands just to mix it up. But with the number of players on pokerstars, and the amount of people who are just bad, i don't think making obvious plays kills me.

For instance, i lead into raisers with sets 100% of the time, and I am amazed how many people raise big/call 3 bets, or 4 bet with AA or TPTK. I was thinking mix it up, but it works almost every time, so why change it?

Like this example. Calling with anything there for over 20% of his stack is ridiculous. If he thinks his hand is good, he should push. If he thinks I have AA or KK, he should fold anything else. Yet i see this called 50% of the time or more.

He was actually raising 88, called the raise, setted the flop, and stacked me. If i had just raised preflop, he would have called for $2, hit his set, and I would have been in trouble with an SPR of around 10+. So i figure this way, either i miss the limp/reraise and i have a huge SPR and can easily fold to action, or i hit it and have an SPR of like 2 and then i push any flop. With so many set miners, isn't this what i want to be doing?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Stars $50 - limp/reraise with AA

[ QUOTE ]
Its pretty bad if you are only limp reraising AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

As previously stated, mix it up with AKs and QQ if you do this. Maybe even weaker hand once in a blue moon. As played, looks standard. Sometimes I opt to over reraise pf with AA or KK given the fact that so many spewtards will call it with any pocket pair.