Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

On the HUD picture I can see little A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] pics near every player. Does this mean that the HUD will use player icons to autorank players? I really like that feature on PO.

Also, any news on the "player moves" fuction? The one that would help the player to see who did what on which street.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the HUD picture I can see little A pics near every player. Does this mean that the HUD will use player icons to autorank players?[/quote

Yes

[ QUOTE ]
Also, any news on the "player moves" fuction? The one that would help the player to see who did what on which street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some sites will have this ability and other won't - basically if they provide me a way to see what happened so far in the hand then you will very likely get it.

rvg
Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to hold off on the update for another day. I'm importing a ton of hands at the moment to try and catch some more parsing / import bugs so will need some time tomorrow to go over any issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will definately be updating tonight. The current beta expires at mignight your time and will stop importing any hands with a date of July 31st or later. This will be extended in 0.18b

Found one more potential 0 import problem that is not DB related. It happens if the file you are importing is too big. The limit (at least on my PC) is about 15-20MB so you can use a free program like FileSplitter do break it down.

rvg
Old 07-30-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to hold off on the update for another day. I'm importing a ton of hands at the moment to try and catch some more parsing / import bugs so will need some time tomorrow to go over any issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will definately be updating tonight. The current beta expires at mignight your time and will stop importing any hands with a date of July 31st or later. This will be extended in 0.18b

Found one more potential 0 import problem that is not DB related. It happens if the file you are importing is too big. The limit (at least on my PC) is about 15-20MB so you can use a free program like FileSplitter do break it down.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

rvg,

I believe Pokertracker has a built-in tool under utilities called File Splitter. You may be referring to the same thing though.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:24 PM

when i try to open HM it tells me to go to the website and download the latest version. i dl'ed the patch and it gave me the same message, so i uninstalled it and downloaded the full version and its still giving me the same message, saying that it expired.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i try to open HM it tells me to go to the website and download the latest version. i dl'ed the patch and it gave me the same message, so i uninstalled it and downloaded the full version and its still giving me the same message, saying that it expired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will definately be updating tonight. The current beta expires at mignight your time and will stop importing any hands with a date of July 31st or later. This will be extended in 0.18b. You can set your clock back a day if you need to use it for the next little while.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 07-30-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im not very impressed by the XML format in the holdem manager db.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definately open to suggestions so let's get this xml format done once and done right. It needs quick action though - there have been many attempts to do this and all have failed to my knowledge anyways. So, if 1 or 2 people want to own this and spend a day or two on it then let me know.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested in co-operating with something like this. I tried a while ago to create a good XML representation of a hand, but failed. I couldn't prefect it (I forget why) and I always strive for perfection.

That said I would like to take another crack at it, and can probably dedicate a few hours to this.

Since LegoPoker is going to be reading the HMSF XML documents, I think I should have a part in this as well. (Why not call it PHML - Poker hand markup language?)

Anyone interested please contact me: AIM: LegoPoker or MSN: chris [ a t ] christickner [ d o t ] c0m
Old 07-31-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since LegoPoker is going to be reading the HMSF XML documents

[/ QUOTE ]

All the people asking about converter's will be happy to hear this. You'll have one click conversion from any hand to any output from HM through Lego Poker.

[ QUOTE ]
I think I should have a part in this as well. (Why not call it PHML - Poker hand markup language?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed both in it being a good idea that you take part and in using a something like PHML as the name.

rvg
Old 07-31-2007, 01:37 AM

Grab the latest update from www.holdemmanager.net

Replayer and iPoker support are the two big additions.

July 30th - 0.18b
* Added IPoker support
* Integrated version 1 of replayer. It is currently missing per street EV, player stats, note taking and more but the basic functionality is working
* Double clicking on a hand in Hands tab loads the replayer (if it does not load then the hand is not currently working with the replayer - this is being worked out)
* Right clicking on a hand in the Hands tab gives you the option to Replay the hand, Save the hand history to your clipboard (Paste using Ctrl-V) or Save the XML hand history to the clipboard.
* People who do not use a postgres username will now be able to properly create and delete databases
* Fixed Pokerstars Import problem when one of the players had a " & or < in his name
* Fixed an import problem where the small blind would be recorded wrong if the small blind poster was put all-in with the posting of the blind in a cash game.
* "Non-Holdem Hand" errors now tracked in the import. Previously importing Omaha or some other game would appear as an import error.
* Added support for HORSE Hold'em hands in Stars
* Fixed bug where showdown stats not calculated correctly on some sites
* Fixed bug where street went all-in not calculated correctly on some sites
* Extended beta period

Edit: Also, anyone who has the problem where hands never import (0 import every time) if you want, setup a remote connection using something like www.logmein.com and I will gladly log into your pc and work on it until it is fixed. You can watch me while I'm logged in and logmein.com does not allow file transfer so you don't need to worry about me copying over anything without you knowing. The offer is out there if anyone with the problem wants to take me up on it.

rvg
Old 07-31-2007, 01:58 AM

I like the layout and aesthetics of the replayer. It's really nice. However, I noticed that it lists the wrong date in the window, it's always Jan 1, 2001.