Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Dealing with a break up

Just lookin to my poker bros to keep me in check. Me and my girl broke up about 3 weeks ago and its been weird cuz it hasn't really hit me until now. Oddly enough I've been playing amazing poker but its pretty much all I do to keep my mind off her. Any advice, I need to get past this.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Dealing with a break up

surround yourself with people (especially guy friends), keep yourself busy, etc.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 AM

Yeah, like DKL1 said, just keep busy with friends, school work, etc.

with guys it usually takes a couple weeks to feel it, because we go numb or think "whatever this is awesome, now i can bang all the chicks i want!"...then you don't get ass for a week and it feels like the world is going to end and omg how could i not be with X any more, etc.

i'm assuming you're relatively young, so this is a good thing, because these things never last so its better to get out now and be able to go meet other girls.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, like DKL1 said, just keep busy with friends, school work, etc.

with guys it usually takes a couple weeks to feel it, because we go numb or think "whatever this is awesome, now i can bang all the chicks i want!"...then you don't get ass for a week and it feels like the world is going to end and omg how could i not be with X any more, etc.

i'm assuming you're relatively young, so this is a good thing, because these things never last so its better to get out now and be able to go meet other girls.

[/ QUOTE ] it's like your in my head walking around. i thought i was golden then all at once it hit me, I'm 23 btw so I still got some time.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:14 PM

kris,

grass is always greener on the other side.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:56 PM

Keep yourself busy, go work out, and don't constantly check her facebook. Seeing pictures of her out with other dudes or wall posts from guys you've never seen before will make you insane. One of my best friends did this and would randomly get really pissed just sitting at his desk because of stuff like this.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep yourself busy, go work out, and don't constantly check her facebook. Seeing pictures of her out with other dudes or wall posts from guys you've never seen before will make you insane. One of my best friends did this and would randomly get really pissed just sitting at his desk because of stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I broke up with my gf 2 months ago and I was exactly doing this, checking her facebook every 10 min and stuff like that. She started going on a date a week after we broke up and had a serious bf in 2 weeks or so. I was going absolutely insane just reading her wall and her new bf pictures etc. The worst part was that I am living by myself and have no roommates so I would just sit at home all lonely thinking about these stuff.I was so depressed I couldnt even play poker so I took a break for like 3 weeks. I dont know how I made it through somehow but I'm glad it's over or I would end up in a psychiatric hospital.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is undoubtedly the best advice you can possibly hear... i'm in a very similar situation, highschool sweet heart, been dating for the last 3-4 years, i've been in love with her for the last 7, and she finally just changed and turned into something ugly... whenever i had a free moment the past 2 weeks, i would check her facebook, and seeing the random guys in her photos, on her wall, etc., made me absolutley crazy... i would want to call her, i would be angry and miserable... i just decided to stop looking at her facebook cold turkey earlier today, so perhaps a little eerie that this post comes up now... it's hard, and it sucks, it makes me sick to think about, but what you have to do is go out and get your own pictures with random girls and get the random girls posting on your wall...not to spite her, but to help you move on an adjust... it's the most miserable feeling in the world sitting there at your computer dreaming up different terrible scenerios

i'm smack dab in the middle of it, so i'll also be checking this thread for any good advice

goodluck, OP
Old 10-29-2007, 07:24 PM

cut off all contact. block her facebook profile so you cant see it, archive all your pictures and stick them on a cd and hide it in the back of a closet somewhere, just get them off your comp. delete her phone number and screenname.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:47 PM

surprisingly she does not have a facebook so I think I'm lucky in that respect. You guys are really helping me out, I appreciate it all.