Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % of people are more polltarded than OP?
0-1% 18 62.07%
1-2% 4 13.79%
2-4% 3 10.34%
4-7% 1 3.45%
7-9% 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so, Radio Maria???

[/ QUOTE ]

top-notch

the tapas bar has now hired away the beer purchaser from the Blind Pig
--excellent selection of beers if one is into that
my roommate just came back from there a few hours ago stumbling drunk

alas, I spend most my time at Jupiter's, Esquire, and Jillian's shooting 8-ball

Jupiter's does thin crust pizza right--their sausage is quite good, but counts as two toppings instead of just one
I like that they have so many toppings I can eat there a few times per week and have a new creation every time
1/2 price on Tuesday nights!

Esquire features the normal bar fare of food...nothing too exciting...most people are enraptured by their polish sausage sandwich which they splice down the middle

Jillian's has a decent quesadilla and a really good chocolate cake

all of these things lead to me being chubby

I like it and think one would be insane to forego those foods

unfortunately, I do not share gobbo's love of Outback. Actually, I like outback, but the local outback is run by someone I know from numerous undergrad courses. We were paired student observers for a middle school BD/LD class...fun times. We kind of had a falling out when I was drinking buddies with one of his roommates and was somewhat involved with a trashing of his apartment (all fixable) during my drunken manwhore days.

[/ QUOTE ]No, I know it's awesome. It's my favorite restaurant in CU. I want to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really a fan of Jillian's food, but it has been fun to watch bears games at. I guess I suck at the food in CU, as its my senior year and I dont know where Jupiter's, Esquire, or Radio Maria are, and only recently even started to hear the name Radio Maria. At least now I have places to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, students just get locked into campustown and miss out on lots of good things, though campustown is awesome with Papa Del's, Nyro's, and about 15 other places.

However, off-campus still has some of the best stuff that students miss out on

so, as Papa Del's is to deep dish
Jupiter's is to thin crust

Jupiter's is downtown by the HighDive and Guido's on honorary REO Speedwagon way--Tuesday nights are 1/2 price pizza.

If calzones are in your eating habits, you have to get one from primetimepizza (delivery and carryout only). They are the best calzones I've had.

Radio Maria is downtown on Walnut and Taylor court. It's a great place for a date.

Taylor court also has Cowboy Monkey between Walnut and Neil. Cowboy Monkey has pretty good fish tacos and a few other food items that are held in high regard. The best time to go is when it's nice outside and you can enjoy the huge beer garden. Cowboy monkey is also known for its live music. Salsa night is good for hot older women.

If you're a beer fanatic, the The Blind Pig on Walnut is the place to be. It's by Esquire and across the street from Radio Maria.

Jim Gould's steakhouse is another place for a nice dinner. It's at one main and across from Guido's. I always like the cajun burger at Guido's, but haven't been there in some time. I used to shoot 8-ball there, but the place is a little too yuppie for me.

the sushi has been mentioned

An underrated place IMO is Pasha. It does mediterranean cuisine and is located way out West (windsor and duncan IIRC). Good place for kebobs and lamb.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know what stakes Dids plays?

any success?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i remember, dids plays 50 NL, which is irrelevant

just like dids' weight relative to gobbo is irrelevant

no point in coming up with a new pissing contest

[/ QUOTE ]

I can totally piss farther, with a mightier stream, than probably anybody on 2p2 ldo imo fwiw fyi.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:28 PM

[ ] woke up this morning, saw 300 new replies so naturally someone from FTP responded and thread continued to deliver.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, wtf, of course Howard is going to be a little over the top with his insults, Gobbo instigated it by saying most TV pros suck, what do you expect to Howard to be overly fawning in a private, internal email with one of his executives? When this person basically insulted his livelihood along with all his friends and people he has working for his site? After Gobbo called the Aussie tourney field mostly "Retards," and people who suck at poker, Howard probably called Gobbo a freak and weird dude for thinking that he would attract these "Retards" to full tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol can I pleeeease get a link to this interview(s)

pleeease

I searched last night (cardplayer etc.) but had no luck
Old 11-09-2007, 03:59 PM

there's like zero chance gobbo actually used the word "retards" in an interview. unsurprisingly, the poster you are quoting is an idiot.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM

has anyone who says 'wow this thread had potential' and 'wow this thread could have been amazing' ever actually contributed anything that made a thread amazing?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:15 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Answer to that question is the same answer you would get if you asked, "well are people going to stop doing it?"
Old 11-09-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Officially never making fun of gobbos weight again because dids just made it jump the shark.

Also I think people need to realize that this is just the way dids argues. I can certainly speak wrt arguing with dids and I will be the first to admit I am insanely over the top when arguing sometimes, but with dids its pretty much always "well ive made my point, if you disagree i am going to not listen and belittle you". I've seen it happen hundreds of times. Don't let it bother you, theres really nothing to be gained from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

1- where did I make fun of gobbo's weight in this thread?

2- where did I do what you suggest in the 2nd paragraph?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:33 PM

[x] /thread
Old 11-09-2007, 05:01 PM

Ok lets get this back on track. Has Howard responded to your email at all Jimmy? has anyone emailed fulltilt asking for explanations?

Someone trip report pls.