Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Probably a Disappointment

My security consulting company tried to contact Absolute Poker in late September, and sent a pre-proposal describing several services we could provide including

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a review of past hands to determine the scope of the information leak, if any,
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] implementation of an automated system to detect anomalies, and
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] preparation of a report suitable for public release backed by our reputations.

Absolute Poker would not be the largest gaming client we have had, and we believe our offer had obvious value and would have prepared them for this scandal, whether it broke open or not. However, they delayed, requested more information, and then stopped responding even to basic courtesies. I found their response unusual and irrational. Not all of our proposals are of interest to gaming companies, but I have never encountered a response that poor. It seemed like those with whom we corresponded were in CYA mode or felt that they would be implicated by any investigation.

I wish 2+2 luck.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the effort, Mason.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:52 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that any fair and independent investigation in the mater will reveal that much more then 1 person was on the take.

I`m a poker player.
I don`t need hard evidence to make an accurate read.

Considering that the decision I have to make is a very light one (either play poker on AP or not) I seriously do not need anything more then my gut feeling based on my life experience to reach the right decision for me.

With other words.. F#%K Absolute poker.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Mason - thanks for your intervention on this. It's good to know the heat being brought behind-the-scenes.

I can't believe that AP would even consider rejecting your proposal - that would not only be inconsistent with the image of cleaning house they are trying to create, but the official 2+2 is probably not an entity they should want to piss off.

Presumably with your proposal being made public, the "trial balloon" floated by AP through the phone call will be retracted, and their official position is that they always intended to welcome your team with open arms!

Cheers, Carl.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:25 PM

in before lock / ban
Old 10-28-2007, 02:39 PM

Sorry to see the Costa Rica vacation plans for the hardworking 2+2 team fell though.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I can't think of anything that you could provide as a service to AP, besides being able to slap your name on their product

[/ QUOTE ]

That would not happen. The statement that would be provided to us and AP would not be allowed to use it for any other purpose.

[ QUOTE ]
what qualifies you for fact finding? I

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not be doing the fact finding.

[ QUOTE ]
There are a number of sites that if you really wished to earn extra income,

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not make one penny from this.

MM
Old 10-28-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Presumably with your proposal being made public, the "trial balloon" floated by AP through the phone call will be retracted, and their official position is that they always intended to welcome your team with open arms!

[/ QUOTE ]

We were originally contacted by a representative of AP. They had concerns about all the posts here. In our initial conversation with the representative we mentioned the possibility of putting this team together and he liked the idea. So we went ahead and got it done. Now it appears that the person who contacted us does not have the authority to make this decision, and I'm currently doubtful that it will happen.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-28-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We were originally contacted by a representative of AP. They had concerns about all the posts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I wonder what they're think of this

Old 10-28-2007, 07:08 PM

i dont get it but it makes laugh anyway