Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Anyone want to buy my $200 credit with TJ Cloutier?

Here's the story, told it here once before.

I am in Tunica, and donking away some $5 bets at the craps table and TJ shows up.

There was a tourney going on, and he was out, but waiting for the next one the following morning.

We are talking for about 10 minutes back and forth, being a sports journalist, I am asking him questions about all sorts of things, I even wrote a column about it that ran a few weeks later in my paper.

Anywho, TJ asks me if I can loan him a little dough, we settle on $200 bucks.

He says, "catch me tomorrow in the poker room"

Well, of course he never shows for the next day of play. Don't think he was dodging me, I honestly think something came up, or he played too late and slept through it.

Anyways, I figure someone knows him, so I am offering my 200 marker with TJ to the highest bidder.

If you send me whatever amount it goes for, I will email you the description of me, and our the stories I told him, which I imagine he will remember, as well as the newspaper story I wrote about getting ripped by TJ.

Also, as a bonus, I will write an additional story in my paper about how much I sold the debt for, and whatever info you want shared on how you intend to collect this TJ Cloutier debt.

So basically, you can collect from him if you know him, and you get a story written about you and this experience.

I will start the bidding at five dollars, full tilt cash, because that's the least you can transfer.

May the offers flood in!

Either post your offer, or PM me, I will keep you all updated on what a TJ Cloutier 200 buck marker goes for.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Anyone want to buy my $200 credit with TJ Cloutier?

What great timing. I actually just went partners with an old friend of his and have been buying up TJs debt all over town. Been getting a pretty sweet deal too, turns out there isn't much faith in him in the business world.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:39 PM

Not a lot of action on the Cloutier debt... I thought someone would like at least to read about themselves and how they purchased a bad debt fairly inexpensively.

Do I hear 6 dollar?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:44 PM

I bid 8 dollars. PM me if I win
Old 11-27-2006, 10:48 PM

When you give money to TJ to play craps, you can't look at it like a loan, but rather as a mafioso-style "tribute" to the godfather of degenerate behavior.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:54 PM

At the time, I thought I might not get it back anytime soon, but figured if would be a cool story.

The original story in my paper got good reception, but nothing since, so that's why I am trying to get a second story and a few bucks out of it.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:56 PM

8000 dollars! I mean 9.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:02 PM

What kind of column do you write?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What great timing. I actually just went partners with an old friend of his and have been buying up TJs debt all over town. Been getting a pretty sweet deal too, turns out there isn't much faith in him in the business world.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the juice is still running. The $200 is up to $1870. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hey, maybe you could sell the marker on eBay as a sports memoabilia. TJ played pro football.

What? Canada? But...

Oh. Never mind. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2006, 11:08 PM

Just a column every week. It's called, As the Ball Bounces, so it's usually about sports, but I wander into other topics.

Here is an example, snagged at random:

Why I hate soccer

By Ryan Brown
Soccer fans are morons.
Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, I think anyone who enjoys watching the world’s most boring, uneventful sport is a moron.
I’ve felt this way for years, but thought the 2006 World Cup might change my mind. I seriously went to work, strapping myself down to watch parts of five different games.
What I ended up with, were two losses by the Americans, and three tie games.
That’s right, I wasted almost four hours watching guys kick the ball around, thousands of times, and all three of the non-United States games I watched, ended without a winner.
There were thousands of kicks, maybe 25 shots on goal, and a grand total of four goals.
Count em, four goals. One. Two. Three. Four.
Two games ended tied 1-1, the other, scoreless.
The game is basically pointless, and the rules make things worse.
Coaches are allowed only three substitutions a game. Every other sport is generous with subs, this encourages getting different people out on the field or court. But in soccer, they don’t allow subs.
Secondly, the clock doesn’t stop. They don’t stop it for a broken leg, a made goal or fans running out onto the field.
Of course, they add some sort of bonus time at the end of a half and near the conclusion of the game, but it’s not up there for the fans to see.
What if this happened in the NFL? Peyton Manning throws an incomplete pass to apparently end the game, but wait, the officials have added extra time. What a joke.
Then we have the fouls. What is a foul and what isn’t? The line isn’t even defined in soccer. In hoops we have hand checks and bumps and blocking. But in soccer, a guy can kick at the ball, not even touch the opposing player and be called for a foul.
And let’s not even talk about those silly yellow and red cards. A red card and you are gone, ejected and you have to miss the following game. But yellow cards are simply warnings. You can get several of them before you are forced to miss play, but here is the catch, despite them being warnings, they carry over from game to game, get enough, and you miss a couple games.
“I’m sorry Mr. Shaquille O’Neal, but you had four fouls on Tuesday, three on Wednesday and four more tonight, that’s 11 fouls in three games, you are now suspended.”
What other sport carries things over from game to game? A new game, a clean slate. It’s that way in every other sport.
Soccer is in fact, not really a sport. It’s a bunch of people running refusing to use body parts that God gave them.
Let’s check. In baseball players use their full bodies. In basketball, yep, use of all fingers and toes. Football? You bet, they used every limb. But soccer, only the legs and feet. Oh, and the head is ok too.
I know, soccer is the most popular sport in the world, only because anyone can play it. If you can walk, and have a round ball a flat field and three posts, you can play soccer.
Other countries can’t afford bats and helmets and equipment. Soccer has none. It could be played naked, which is a scary thought.
And after watching hours of watching soccer, why is cheating cheered? Why do the players go down like they’ve been shot with a seven millimeter rifle from long range? The players crash to the ground then roll around in agony. If there isn’t a foul awarded immediately, then they pop up and keep playing. Soccer rewards the whiners and complainers.
Which is ironic, because I’m being a whiner right now, but I feel robbed.
That game took away hours of my time. I even got up at 7 a.m. to watch the U.S. get punked one more time against Ghana. Can you even find Ghana on a map?
Goodbye soccer. I will watch you no more.
I personally, am not Ghana miss you.