Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 10:18 AM

Default Re: I Screwed Up *DELETED*

What ever happened to "Freedom of Speech" ?

Why was this post deleted? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have mixed up American law and posting on a moderated business owned internet forum.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:50 AM

Default Re: I Screwed Up

This post is 1000% better than the original post when everything went down.

I'm glad you've spent the last month thinking about things and have your thoughts going in the right direction.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have mixed up American law and posting on a moderated business owned internet forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same BS to me.

If Zee's allowed posting his BS letter, Pshabi should be allowed to respond to it.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This post is 1000% better than the original post when everything went down.

I'm glad you've spent the last month thinking about things and have your thoughts going in the right direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or.......found a really good "SpeechWriter". (President Bush's?)
Old 03-30-2006, 11:22 AM

What time is Zee Justin's nut sack leaving town?

A lot of guys here still have a ticket on that ride.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:28 AM

At that time, I unfortunately did not realize that what I was doing was unethical.

I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but I stopped reading at this line. Nothing I've ever read of yours, between this site and your blog would convince me that you're stupid, so the only other two possibilities suggested by this line is that either you're lying or you're a latent sociopath.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's really disturbing how judgemental and unforgiving some folks on here are.

Seriously, have those of you who are determined to forever condemn ZJ yourselves ever done anything wrong? If you've never had this experience because you're only 13, let me assure you: you will. It goes like this: you do something that you shouldn't do. At the time, it seems morally OK -- often because everyone in your immediate peer group seems to be doing it, or just because you're weak and want something and breaking some rule just seems like a technicality without moral consequences. When you get caught, you initially lash out at the unfairness of it. You feel like you're being singled out and what you did wasn't really so bad. It takes time before you gradually realize that what you did was wrong, and that even though others have done the same thing and gotten away from it, you deserved what you got.

If you haven't ever had this experience, I think you need to begin preparing your childhood house for the influx of pilgrims after your upcoming canonization.

ZJ clearly has gone through the first couple of steps of this. His initial response was completely inadequate, but not atypical in such a situation. He's now starting to come to a more mature understanding of what he did wrong. He clearly isn't all the way there yet, and some aspects of his latest statement are still troubling. But dealing with these types of things takes time and reflection, and it reflects badly on you if you won't give him the chance to rehabilitate himself through that process over the course of the coming years.

Most of us will never play poker with $100K bankrolls, so we'll never do something wrong on this absolute monetary scale. Personally the one thing I'm most ashamed of doing in my life, while not a strictly monetary issue, was on the order of a $200 thing. But this is really completely irrelevant. The absolute stakes involved don't really speak to the magnitude of the moral failing. I think ZJ's failing here is very significant, but I think if most of you look honestly at yourselves, you'll be a little less judgemental.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but you have it all wrong.

I do not understand why you cannot accept that many of us here will not forgive ZJ. This is a poker site. He committed transgressions against the game and the poker community.

This is not a church. We do not have to forgive him for his poker sins.

I am sure ZJ is a great guy in "real life" etc. That's fine, but that is not what this is about. I am sure his buddies and family all forgive him and that his live outside of poker is just fine.

The sole issue is whether we can accept what he has done and then forgive him. I don't think so. At least not yet. This whole thing went down one month ago. Now, we are supposed to accept a half-hearted apology just for the apology's sake?

ZJ brought this apology this site. A poker site. I am sure the apology will go over great elsewhere, but as of now, its inappropriate and contrived.

I don't believe that anyone here has a right to accept the apology as it relates to poker. To do so, as of now, would be akin to sanctioning the conduct.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At that time, I unfortunately did not realize that what I was doing was unethical.

I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but I stopped reading at this line. Nothing I've ever read of yours, between this site and your blog would convince me that you're stupid, so the only other two possibilities suggested by this line is that either you're lying or you're a latent sociopath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed
Old 03-30-2006, 11:39 AM

So who else played multiple accounts, who else continues to play multiple accounts to your knowledge, and exactly how much did you win with multiple accounts?