Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: New Rudy G. interview

[ QUOTE ]
Most people I know watch CNN only, as do I... mostly because Fox doesn't even try to hide their bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

And CNN tries to but does a lousy job of it, though not as badly as MSNBC. Cable news is largely irrelevant anyway. The offsetting viewership couldnt swing an election if it was all concentrated in Ohio or Florida. If there is any media impact it would be from talk radio, and JR isnt going to get any play there.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another interesting Rudy tid bit that we will surely hear more about $100 million law suits tend to make folks talk...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...072regan1.html

[/ QUOTE ]

A Judith Reagan lawsuit? I doubt that anyone will give that publicity whore the time of day, unless they subscribe to some Rupert Murdoch/Fox conspiracy idiocy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't see any reason for CNN or MSNBC to use this to make them look like they are the better news station. I am sure they will just leave it alone and let Fox handle their business privately... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason to be confused..Im sure CNN and MSNBC will generate a lot of noise about it (note my caveat about Rupert/Fox conspiracies). All 18 CNN and MSNBC viewers will get bombarded with it. BFD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Copernicus is dead on.... I just saw this story on CNN.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 PM

Giuliani is such a crappy candidate. Contrary to what most people think, New Yorkers despise him. All the police shootings and beatings he defended, the way he divorced his wife on TV, (and then divorced the woman he left for a couple years later in a really ugly way), it has all added up. That is why you see things like this: Police Union Won't Support Giuliani
Old 11-14-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another interesting Rudy tid bit that we will surely hear more about $100 million law suits tend to make folks talk...

[/ QUOTE ]

A Judith Reagan lawsuit? I doubt that anyone will give that publicity whore the time of day, unless they subscribe to some Rupert Murdoch/Fox conspiracy idiocy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't see any reason for CNN or MSNBC to use this to make them look like they are the better news station. I am sure they will just leave it alone and let Fox handle their business privately... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason to be confused..Im sure CNN and MSNBC will generate a lot of noise about it (note my caveat about Rupert/Fox conspiracies). All 18 CNN and MSNBC viewers will get bombarded with it. BFD.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
By dead on you mean he originally stated that no one would pick up this story...then yeah you're right he was dead on.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
By dead on you mean he originally stated that no one would pick up this story...then yeah you're right he was dead on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading comprehension problem or just dishonest?

"unless they subscribe to some Rupert Murdoch/Fox conspiracy idiocy."
Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New Yorkers despise him

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont know wtf youre talking about. If "New Yorkers" means Village Voice subscribers youve got a point. The vast majority loved him as mayor and would have been elected to another term.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New Yorkers despise him

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont know wtf youre talking about. If "New Yorkers" means Village Voice subscribers youve got a point. The vast majority loved him as mayor and would have been elected to another term.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had very low approval ratings for long periods of time and without the meangingless 9/11 boost, his numbers would have been pretty goddamn low given how prosperous the period he mayored over was. Look at how the police and firemans groups have been opposing, and they seriously should be his bread and butter. He definitely wouldn't win NY in an election against any possible opponent.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reading comprehension problem or just dishonest?

"unless they subscribe to some Rupert Murdoch/Fox conspiracy idiocy."

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I forgot, those idiots probably include all media outlets not control by Rupert Murdoch. Quite convenient if you ask me. Silly of me to assume when you said conspiracy idiocy to assume it was meant towards fringes news outlets and not every single major news outlet.

edit to add:
The story is on the top of the drudge report and it's on CNN and I saw a headline about it in the LA Times. That's all I found about it in 2 minutes of news searching.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New Yorkers despise him

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had very low approval ratings for long periods of time and without the meangingless 9/11 boost, his numbers would have been pretty goddamn low given how prosperous the period he mayored over was. Look at how the police and firemans groups have been opposing, and they seriously should be his bread and butter. He definitely wouldn't win NY in an election against any possible opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be dosing too much.

come back to the real world
Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

"on September 10 Rudy couldn't have been elected dog catcher in New York City."

Love that quote..lol
I put this out there as Rudy G. for me is a disgrace. I am Canadian and obv can't vote for or against but as a side line observer the man makes my skin crawl.