Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-25-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: EPT London Level 2, Flopped Set

You can check the flop with the intention of c/r, no problem here. On the turn I probably bet, you have to get some money into the pot at some point. Once it gets raised and its get back to you, you have to re-raise. Because if you flat call then BB is getting odds with so many hands. T9 now has the odds to call, so does any two spades. Its ashame that his raise couldn't be bigger, but I make it like 5K.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can check the flop with the intention of c/r, no problem here. On the turn I probably bet, you have to get some money into the pot at some point. Once it gets raised and its get back to you, you have to re-raise. Because if you flat call then BB is getting odds with so many hands. T9 now has the odds to call, so does any two spades. Its ashame that his raise couldn't be bigger, but I make it like 5K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree totally. Bet turn and re-raise. Possibly even shove if necessary. lol on your description of the other spewtards btw.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:05 PM

Turn c/r is good. Once I check i 4bet and hope one of them is stupid and gets it in with junk.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
huge idiot fish donk calling station retard

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, nice use of adjectives. You need to get it in on the turn anyway you can...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM

I think betting out on the turn is better than C/R the turn because the A is likely to have hit one of them, and you're hoping to get raised. Whereas if you C/R the turn, you're showing tremendous strength and might get them to lay down a decent hand. Calling the small raise on the turn with a draw heavy board and two people in the pot is a big mistake. Plus, with the small raise EP2 is signalling that he has a big hand and is willing to go along for the ride if you raise, which you need to do before a scare card hits on the river and kills your action if he has something like AK or AQ.

To assess what to do on the river, I'd have to know whether the BB called EP2's raise on the turn after you did.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:56 PM

I would have led the turn but as played you have to repop it 5200 or so. What were you planning on doing on the river?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:12 PM

Lead turn. Hell, maybe even donk the flop. Lead SOMEWHERE. You have a set, there's a retard who calls a lot and and a spewtard who raises a lot. By not leading you get yourself in a situation (bet and raise in front of you) where anything you do gives away your hand as super strong, almost guaranteeing that you will get no action when you're ahead, and likely only getting on the river when someone hits their flush.

Edit: Once you check the turn, you gotta just raise and hope someone stacks off with top two or 66.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM

i think this is a great spot to lead the flop

and i would come out smoking on the turn if for some reason i didn't
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM

In this situation, I'm not happy with just check raising retard. I want his whole stack. So I'd lead bet at him on the flop. Check raising allows him to get away from AK and the like.

As played, I like the flat call on the turn. Then you have to lead bet into him, because he will call w/AK and the like.