Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Dumping overpairs after you raise preflop....

Sorry don't have a HH to use, but i remember it all like it was two minutes ago (bc it was)

FT poker, .10/.25 NL, $35 stack

2 folds, Mp2 calls, Hero (MP3) bets pot ($1.10), folds to BB who calls, limper calls

Pot (3.45)

Flop 8hearts 9hearts 2spades

mp2 with $11.40 bets out $3.50 (potsized)....

BB has $21

Hero.....(calls, folds, raises xXx?)

Rest of the hand coming after a few replies.

Btw i'm multi'ing w/o tracker software, so no reads.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Dumping overpairs after you raise preflop....

umm what do u have ?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:14 AM

Wow how lame I can't find an edit post option.

That was pretty stupid of me also, lol, I had two tens.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry don't have a HH to use, but i remember it all like it was two minutes ago (bc it was)

FT poker, .10/.25 NL, $35 stack

2 folds, Mp2 calls, Hero (MP3) bets pot ($1.10), folds to BB who calls, limper calls

Pot (3.45)

Flop 8hearts 9hearts 2spades

mp2 with $11.40 bets out $3.50 (potsized)....

BB has $21

Hero.....(calls, folds, raises xXx?)

Rest of the hand coming after a few replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also curious about this situation in a 3 bet pot. I played a similar situation last night where I had TT and the pot was 3 bet by a villain in the blinds. I called the 3 bet.

Flop was almost identical. Villain leads out strong and I fold. I am pretty sure TT was way behind there. But am curious if anyone plays these situations differently, even with an overpair, because the board is all low and most likely hands are pairs that have us dominated. I don't think that villains are 3 betting anything that connects with a board like this.

In the case of OP, we know less since the pot is not 3bet. Can we let this go on the flop? Is it still unlikely that villain's range connected in a way that we are ahead here? I think my default play would be to fold but that does seem a little crazy.

+EV
Old 08-10-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry but how do you expect to get valuable advice if you cannot provide reads? im not saying that you need to use a hud or anything but if we don't know anything about the guy...?? is he a drooler, the next sbrugby or what?

don't mean to be harsh but imo you really need to observe your opponents if you wan't to win. you might as well flip a coin here...

so please, more info and we'll give it a shot (this situation is tough enough even with reads)
Old 08-10-2007, 02:08 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also curious about this situation in a 3 bet pot. I played a similar situation last night where I had TT and the pot was 3 bet by a villain in the blinds. I called the 3 bet.

Flop was almost identical. Villain leads out strong and I fold. I am pretty sure TT was way behind there. But am curious if anyone plays these situations differently, even with an overpair, because the board is all low and most likely hands are pairs that have us dominated. I don't think that villains are 3 betting anything that connects with a board like this.

+EV

[/ QUOTE ]

This all depends on the player's 3betting frequency. I'm seeing lots of 3 betting from the blinds these days. With the nits you can be pretty sure they aren't 3 betting anything less than big pairs, but there are plenty of guys 3 betting a wider range. If I'm against a looser 3 bettor with the button I call and use my position on the flop. The 3 bettor is virtually guaranteed to lead any flop so I typically flat call with TT in this spot, they usually slow down on the turn, I'll either bet to protect my hand or check to induce a river bluff.

I'll frequently pull the same maneuver on an Ace high or King high flop, as these guys are often 3betting pairs and will give up after a flop bet.

I don't think you can afford to call the 3bet with TT with the intent of folding a flop without a ten in it. You'll have the best hand on the flop too often to give up.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:25 PM

"Dear baby Jesus, thank you for having Ricky Bobby respond to my post, and clue me in on the better way to play my TT hand in a 3 bet pot, cause little infant baby Jesus, I did not mean to hijack the post but I was just so lost with it."

+EV
Old 08-10-2007, 04:12 PM

wow, this doesn't seem so tricky to me, so I might be a donk.

halfstacks' range includes 9To, JTo, 9Js, Ah2h, 77, AQ... Not to mention A9, which many micro players play like the nuts, or some combo draw where we're both correct putting money in. Way, way too many hands to start worrying about sets or 2pr with his stack size.

I raise this flop on autopilot, only wake up if I'm 3bet. Of course, my raise is to 11.40, so that's unlikely.

I know, there's that button. but I think it's pretty rare that he's sticking around if we raise -- we'll just have to take our chances, and pick up the $7 or $15 often enough to offset the times he's got 2pair or set (that holds up).

[didn't sleep last night, so if this is stupid, I'm submitting my excuse now.]