Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 AM

Default MF\'er why won\'t you fold!!

Villain is playing pretty aggro PF...but tends to slow down a lot post-flop. He's been donking into me w/ everything from air to the nuts. I got caught running a couple of big bluffs, so now he's not folding anything to me...ever.

<font color="blue">Should I have just checked behind?</font>

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $861.70
Hero (SB): $372.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

Flop: ($12) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, BB calls $16.00

Turn: ($60) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $44.00</font>, BB calls $44.00

River: ($148) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $97.00</font>

<font color="blue">Too thin or just right?</font>

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $956.45
Hero (SB): $282.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Flop: ($12) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, BB calls $16.00

Turn: ($60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $43.00</font>, BB calls $43.00

River: ($146) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="blue">Easy stack off?</font>

BB: $507.05
Hero (SB): $203.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Flop: ($12) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $501.05</font>, Hero calls all-in for $169.15
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to BB

<font color="blue">After spewing away ~$700 over the last 50 or so hands, I figured he was probably tilting. Gotta get it in here right?</font>

Hero (BB): $915.75
SB: $310.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, SB calls $16.00

Flop: ($44) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $33.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $132.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $893.75</font>, SB calls all-in for $156.95
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero
Old 07-25-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Re: MF\'er why won\'t you fold!!

Same villain. Turn bet's too small, no?

Hero (BB): $526.00
SB: $706.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, SB calls $16.00

Flop: ($44) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $33.00</font>, SB calls $33.00

Turn: ($110) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $72.00</font>, SB calls $72.00

River: ($254) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $399.00</font>
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 AM

hand 1 - i like this, except that i would probably check the river. are you looking for value from TT,9x ?? if you think he'll call you with 88-77 it is fine i guess.

hand 2 - just about right imo. he's gonna stick around some hands you beat and some you don't. i definately prefer to bet the turn and check river instead of vice versa.

hand 3 - looks fine. if he has a straight here he's fooled me. i think the all-in is a bit suspicious. but i've been wrong before.

hand 4 - yep.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 - i like this, except that i would probably check the river. are you looking for value from TT,9x ?? if you think he'll call you with 88-77 it is fine i guess.

hand 2 - just about right imo. he's gonna stick around some hands you beat and some you don't. i definately prefer to bet the turn and check river instead of vice versa.

hand 3 - looks fine. if he has a straight here he's fooled me. i think the all-in is a bit suspicious. but i've been wrong before.

hand 4 - yep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah hand 1, he calls and tables 88.

Hand 2, he flips K2dd and MHIG.

Hand 3, he shows 56hh and I don't improve...wtf? NH sir.

Hand 4, he INSTA-calls w/ the other AQ. I figured the shove was ok given my image...and I couldn't see him playing a better hand like this as he probably puts in a raise somewhere.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 PM

head asplode from so many unrelated, completely diff hands in one thread
Old 07-25-2007, 12:49 PM

1: check river and its not close
2: check turn and its not close

Rest of the hands i like.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
head asplode from so many unrelated, completely diff hands in one thread

[/ QUOTE ]

They were all against the same villain. I figured they would make more sense in the overall context of the match.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1: check river and its not close
2: check turn and its not close

[/ QUOTE ]

1: What hand better than Jx does he play like this? He had been donking into me w/ a really wide range...and w/ his timing and my image, he seemed ready to call down w/ 9x/77/88/.

2: Meh...this was more of a timing thing again. He tended to play a little trappy w/ big hands, and given the flow of the match it just smelt like [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to me. Oh and he's not folding a 3 to me either.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:11 PM

1. too thin
2. def dont bet the river no worse calls
3. depends on what he leads/3bets with, if he pushes draws get it in and take it as cooler
4. get it in not even close
5. c/r the turn, as played yeah just whatever on turn and shovel riv
Old 07-25-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. c/r the turn, as played yeah just whatever on turn and shovel riv

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered C/R on the turn...but I wanted to extract from worse Q's which he was generally checking behind. I had already been caught in a couple multi-street bluffs, so I figured betting was better in this particular situation.