Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: I-70 or I-40 to Vegas?

if you take I-70. there's a stretch through utah (or used to be) where there were no service stations for like 130 miles. there's a sign. look for it. make sure you fill up before going through this. you don't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere utah.

you'll probably be raped by mormons.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:09 PM

If you're going coast-to-coast on I-70, the Rockies need no explanation, and on the East Coast the drive through the Appalachians in Ohio/Pennsylvania is pretty cool, too. Not quite as cool as taking I-68 through West Virginia and Western MD, but still cool. Obviously the Appalachians have nothing on the Rockies.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm driving from Omaha to Grand Junction today. (through Nebraska and 80% of Colorado)

Any tips on food, quick stops etc????

When do I pick up the hour?

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume you'll be getting in late since you're stopping in GJ, but if you want, we could get a bite to eat at Sonic or Village Inn or something. I love meeting random 2p2ers.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but if you want, we could get a bite to eat at Sonic or Village Inn or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

sad.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but if you want, we could get a bite to eat at Sonic or Village Inn or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's really nothing open here past 9 o'clock for dinner.

fyc, there are some decent places here if you get in earlier than that...PM me if interested.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to say the something similar, then i remember it's grand junction, and i've been there. fine dining there is like applebees.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to say the something similar, then i remember it's grand junction, and i've been there. fine dining there is like applebees.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I grew up near GJ, and man, it's such a backwater. I've done the drive between GJ and Denver a hundred times though, and still love it.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you take I-70. there's a stretch through utah (or used to be) where there were no service stations for like 130 miles. there's a sign. look for it. make sure you fill up before going through this. you don't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere utah.

you'll probably be raped by mormons.

[/ QUOTE ]

i almost drove past this - oops. memory tells me it is between green river and salina, though i might be confusing this with oregon trail.

oops - it's green river and aurora, but whatever, i'll leave it for the reference.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:17 PM

Hey if you choose to go I-70 check out Gella's in Hays, Kansas. The food there rocks and we have some awesome beer as well that we brew in the building. 50% of our business is out of towners passing through and I always have people from bigger cities telling me this is some of the best food they have ever eaten. The Oatmeal Stout is award winning.

Anyway, I am a waiter there so maybe I'll see you in.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I grew up near GJ, and man, it's such a backwater. I've done the drive between GJ and Denver a hundred times though, and still love it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well of course if you grew up near GJ then it's backwater - Fruita, Palisade, Montrose Clifton...come on now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]