Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: who is this girl

another version of jean gluck?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:08 PM

GSykes, you dont happen to be related to a certain sherlock?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat with this girl at the 10/20 nl belagio about 3 weeks ago. She seems nice enough, but not super great player IMO. She seems to be able to beat the generally bad field at this game. She is local, she knew the majority of the players at the table. They had history together because of comments like "I lost the biggest pot of my life to you last week" etc. Then random creepy asian dudes trying to give her back rubs and her snapping them off etc etc.

Something about her demeanor tells me she is not particularily knowledgable in the game, rather she just knows how to pick on other peoples tendencies, IE betting patterns or whether they are calling stations etc. I also disaprove of her angle shot:

She's been playing super passive, limp- raise calling preflop. She opens UTG 8x and gets called by LAGy 25ish asian on the button. SB super LAP calls and I fold ace 9 in BB.

Flop comes A54 rainbow. She checks, LAG asian pots, SB calls, she calls. She appears to have about 1500 behind, Asian has about 6000 behind. Turn is a jack, he bets 800-1000. SB deliberates and folds, she calls. River 7 completing a rainbow. She insta pushes and Asian snap calls. He makes a set of 7s on the river and she turns over her nut straight (6,8). She also pulls the 5,000 belagio chip off the top of her cards that shes been using as a card protector. She clearly deceived him with how many chips she had behind. She promptly left after raking 13kish pot.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:26 PM

thought you said she wasnt a great player. and yet she played that hand like an expert from start to finish...
Old 06-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Barry Greenstein, plz help us, who is this?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GSykes, you dont happen to be related to a certain sherlock?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 06-20-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of years of internet experience I have found out to find out these names you need to do some detective work.

4672f5259ea52.jpg

First step remove .jpg no one has that in there name

We are left with this

4672f5259ea52

13 Character combo and we know she is AZN or atleast looks slant eyed so her last name is probably 3 letters.

I am going to go with

FEA

that leaves us with this

OBV they are going to save her identity so I unscrambled this easy puzzle

Concludes her name is

5672425952 FEA

[/ QUOTE ]

funniest post ever, cant stop laughing.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thought you said she wasnt a great player. and yet she played that hand like an expert from start to finish...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty terrible either way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

he wouldnt have called her shove if he knew she had 5500 behind and not 500. He said so right after he called, before she even flipped her cards. As he announced call she said I have a 5000 chip right here. He yells a bunch of profanity "no way I call if I know that".
Old 06-20-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She opens UTG 8x and gets called by LAGy 25ish asian on the button. SB super LAP calls and I fold ace 9 in BB.

Flop comes A54 rainbow. She checks, LAG asian pots, SB calls, she aggressivelycalls. She appears to have about 1500 behind, Asian has about 6000 behind. Turn is a jack, he bets 800-1000. SB deliberates and folds, she aggressively calls. River 7 completing a rainbow. She insta pushes and Asian snap calls. He makes a set of 7s on the river and she turns over her nut straight (6,8). She also pulls the 5,000 belagio chip off the top of her cards that shes been using as a card protector. She clearly deceived him with how many chips she had behind. She promptly left after raking 13kish pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat with this girl at the 10/20 nl belagio about 3 weeks ago. She seems nice enough, but not super great player IMO. She seems to be able to beat the generally bad field at this game. She is local, she knew the majority of the players at the table. They had history together because of comments like "I lost the biggest pot of my life to you last week" etc. Then random creepy asian dudes trying to give her back rubs and her snapping them off etc etc.

Something about her demeanor tells me she is not particularily knowledgable in the game, rather she just knows how to pick on other peoples tendencies, IE betting patterns or whether they are calling stations etc. I also disaprove of her angle shot:

She's been playing super passive, limp- raise calling preflop. She opens UTG 8x and gets called by LAGy 25ish asian on the button. SB super LAP calls and I fold ace 9 in BB.

Flop comes A54 rainbow. She checks, LAG asian pots, SB calls, she calls. She appears to have about 1500 behind, Asian has about 6000 behind. Turn is a jack, he bets 800-1000. SB deliberates and folds, she calls. River 7 completing a rainbow. She insta pushes and Asian snap calls. He makes a set of 7s on the river and she turns over her nut straight (6,8). She also pulls the 5,000 belagio chip off the top of her cards that shes been using as a card protector. She clearly deceived him with how many chips she had behind. She promptly left after raking 13kish pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt an angle. an angle is palming the 5k chip and dropping it on top of your stack after you see whether your opponent is going ot call. the fact that she was using the chip as a card protector in plain sight wouldnt make for a very good angle. also the kid w/ the set could have and should have asked for a count.