Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
my suggest to the p5 guys that actually got access to the office, bring a database guy with you. look up X cheaters last cash game, see who is spectating. also run a query for tables 363 has spectated and see what his friends winnings on those tables were. Their database obviously logs when people enter a table to spectate and when they leave, all you need is to form the right query (ie select tournament_id,table_id where user='363' and action='enter_table'). its a trivial matter to find out what tables and when 363 was spectating. pick a tourney id or casht able session where xyzcheaterfriend won. you will get instant indisputable answers to clear or condemn... well if they let you see ANY or just a FEW hh.

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be an assumption that 363 is the *only* admin account. Admitedly, it's the only one we know about at present. However, it's likely and very probably that there are several admin accounts.

Also, some of the pokerdb listings here look very suspicious. Again, this is total speculation but I suspect PotRipper is just the tip of the iceberg. We may be looking at corruption on a massive scale.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 AM

FWIW Potroast is a ranked MTT player at P5s and a respected member of the community. I'm sure he was just picking a spot to make a stand against a guy that practically couldn't lose. Props to everyone involved in bringing this whole AP issue to light.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else tried to get tournament hand histories from AP?

I've been trying and gotten no response, 48 hours and counting. Specifically hand histories for the 100K bounty tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think that you could probably understand why this is
Old 10-18-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I'm sorry I keep mentioning this but, how do we know this guy at AP got fired for sending the Master Hand History. Seems to be hearsay at this point and since we want to get all the facts straight and not put out false information, it would help if we knew what the guy's name is and when he got fired?

[/ QUOTE ]

because we cant be certain about this (atleast, I think so) I dont think its a good idea to throw this guys name in the out and open. Even more so since a lot of news media are following these threads.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 AM

KKLZ in Vegas is covering the ap story right now...radio
Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to just reinforce what ad said, this is what I said in the last thread

[ QUOTE ]

Guys, please refrain from witch hunts for now. It is pretty scary and could get us into trouble. We have absolute by the balls and we should just keep up the pressure on spreading the news of what we 100% KNOW is cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more noise you create the less people will focus on the undeniable facts. Our focus should be on spreading the word and not going on witch hunts. We know cheating exists, we have a very strong case and there is no point diluting our case by going on a witchhunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we have a witch-hunt-thread then? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

McBill and Oscar133 are so suspicious.

But I understand completely, I wont post anymore witch-huntish. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it is appalllinggggg to me that you guys do not find kohleppel suspicious. Only 1st places? Cmon now... there has to be more to this does ANYONE have hand histories with that guy???????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else tried to get tournament hand histories from AP?

I've been trying and gotten no response, 48 hours and counting. Specifically hand histories for the 100K bounty tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think that you could probably understand why this is

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have locked down transmitting hand history information to all their customers regarding OTHER tournaments not played by POTRIPPER one could easily assume they have something to hide regarding these tournaments.

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW Potroast is a ranked MTT player at P5s and a respected member of the community. I'm sure he was just picking a spot to make a stand against a guy that practically couldn't lose. Props to everyone involved in bringing this whole AP issue to light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, good so for the record POTROAST is a respected player and should never be mentioned in the same light as POTRIPPER or POTCHOPPER.

I personally apologize to POTROAST for even considering it.

One suspected account down 4 to go.

Not that he was even really ever suspected...
Old 10-18-2007, 11:07 AM

they just talked about the aduit and the fact that ap "allowed" some players to see the hole cards. It will be resaid several times this am. it's a claasic rock station...quick news recaps
Old 10-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Vava- there has been deliberate holding off on some of that because 1) we aren't sure what it could mean even if it were true and 2) the pokerdb only shows cashes to us without subscriptions and some of those don't appear nearly as nefarious as first glance would suggest.

I would like to reiterate Donald Rumsfeld...

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I never thought that quote would come in handy. Evar.

On the other stuff that Adanthar et al have posted pertaining to sources/rumors of things that have happened (like the file sender) - Those are the known unknowns for now, and I would suggest we leave it at what they have said until we hear differently.

Just one dumb apes opinion.

imo.
Closed Thread