Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Getting PT trough pokersource

Hi,

I dont know if I can ask this here: feel free to delete or move this topic.

I am looking for opinions on my plan of obtaining pokertracker trough one of the offers on pokersource (http://www.pokersourceonline.com/freepoker/software.asp). I find it hard to estimate how much I do have to play before I meet the requirements. Has anybody any experience with any of those deals? Or am I better off just playing poker and buying PT directly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tim.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Getting PT trough pokersource

Poker Source gives you good deals in addition to what the site would give you regularly. Assuming you play a game big enough to meet the requirments ie. not $5NL then Poker Source is always going to be a better deal then just playing atthe room by itself. I'm very happy with my decision to get poker tracker through PSO. The only caution is to remember that eventually you will likely want rakeback so to save a big network (ex. Full Tilt) for that.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:16 AM

If you think about it this way if you sign up at one of the sites listed not through PSO you'll get the site bonus. If you sign up via PSO you'll receive the site bonus plus a free gift. I wish i'd have known about sites like PSO before i signed up at a number of sites. As for clearing if you sign up at Party Poker via PSO you only have to play 250 raked hands to obtain Poker Tracker. At Party this doesn't take too long eg if you play NL25 the vast majority of the pots will reach $2 wich is all the pot has to reach for it to be counted as a raked hand. Hope this helps.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:18 AM

also get pso points and buy PT from their store. Same requirements and youŽll have a couple points left you can donate to charity or sumthing...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:26 AM

Great, some good advice, thanks for the responses.
[ QUOTE ]
As for clearing if you sign up at Party Poker via PSO you only have to play 250 raked hands to obtain Poker Tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, but this is by far the best deal - the other ones are going to take a lot longer (eg absolute takes 400 hands but you have to contribute to the pot AND there has to be 50c rake), and I already have a Party account.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:25 PM

Paradise and Bodog arent too bad to clear, depending on the limit you play at. Have you got an account with Empire?. If not sign up for them through Internet Texas Holdem as they will give you Poker Tracker.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:31 AM

Don't you forgo rakeback to get these "gifts"? If so, it is probably a bad deal as rakeback is worth much more long-term.

Lucky
Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't you forgo rakeback to get these "gifts"? If so, it is probably a bad deal as rakeback is worth much more long-term.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - if you only plan on playing one site. I mainly play on FT and was considering doing the same thing on Bodog.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

While this CAN be true, it isn't valid as an all-encompassing statement.

First of all, 5 of the sites they offer (PokerRoom, Titan, Sun, Dream, and Golden Palace) are skins of a network...if you want rakeback on the network, you can sign up for it with another skin later. Party and Absolute even have skins, although I don't think they offer nearly as much bonus. Paradise doesn't have rakeback, and I don't think poker.com doers either.

Really, there are only 5 PSO sites for which you might want to hesitate before signing up for a free gift - Absolute, Full Tilt, Party, Bodog, and Ultimate. Even then, you may decide you don't want to play at one or more of those sites long-term, and don't mind giving up rakeback. Also, there are sometimes ways around this restriction. Just make sure you don't shut yourself off from rakeback at a site you might regret later...remember, things change in this business!