Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

Felix, I agree with you. It would be best for our world if we 'deported' all superstitious (religious) people.

So you have no problem with Hitler's final solution to his 'jewish question', you just wish he would have deported them all to madagascar?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 AM

canis,

Do you ever tire of intentionally distorting the views of others? Never mind I know the answer.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever tire of intentionally distorting the views of others? Never mind I know the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps Canis was the inventor of the straw man argument.
So there is no need for me to post the wiki article on the straw man argument.....AGAIN.

1% of time Canis will actually debate the issue head-on. The other 99% of the time, he uses strawman arguments and other kooky arguments. I've learned not to waste my time with him when he is in his kook mode. He is almost due to make his one coherent argument for this year. When it happens, then I can put him back on the ignore list and wait till Jan 2008.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:15 AM

Felix, you want to kill er I mean deport Muslims from land that they own. (not according to your bible, tho).
Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 PM

I really hope we dont get bogged down in this debate re whether Islam is conducive or not to learning, advancement, etc... or if Jews are intellectually more productive, etc... For what its worth, I believe that the Islamic world has produced some spectacular thinkers and has contributed greatly to humanity in the past. For a variety of extremely complicated reasons, not all due to the progression of Islam or the fault of muslims themselves, I think the muslim world in general is in a deep lull today - but that has not always been the case. The Muslim world was very different centuries ago and its not true that they stifled learning, didnt contribute to world knowledge and that they only advanced due to the influx of outsiders.

Re the deportation issue - virtually noone takes this seriously and its basically not going to happen. Despite huge problems inside Israel with its arab citizens (for which Israel must take a significant part of the blame), deportation is seen as an issue only a small lunatic fringe would consider. My hope is that one day in the future, when the Palestinians have a state of their own, the differences Israeli arabs have with other Israelis will be smoothed over. A resolution of the arab israeli conflict would certainly be a hugely beneficial thing for all the citizens of the middle east.