Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Btw, i have "olivert (San Francisco)" in one of my 60s, is this olivert of 2p2? I tried talking to him but he's silent.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can make $50 in five minutes ($600/hr) donating sperm (I'm 1/2 Jewish. I hear that counts extra...) and really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim have you actually done this? I hear they only accept about 1-5% of people that want to donate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't. It was a joke. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Actually though, I'm pretty sure I would be in the 1-5% they'd take. I've got a lot of selling points: blue eyes, the Jew thing, median height, complete inability to get fat, the nuclear whatzit thing. All told, I look way better on paper than I do in real life.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Blackize I took the moneyline on redskins which = mucho robusto.

[/ QUOTE ]

What were the odds on that? Seems pretty ballsy of a bet too especially when taking the line at +7 looked very good.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was +286. Party has offered a couple of no vig bets this year and when they do the lines are usually off by enough to find good value.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's video of the dude from when he steps up to the mic to ask/discuss in this open forum. There's other vids and angles of this.

He's giving his speech/asking his questions and the cops start to detain him. I'd be pretty pissed too if I was physically handled during an open forum event. Yes he was a douche, but it could have been handled in a different manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having watched three or four different views/angles of this, looks like the cops followed procedure pretty much to the letter. If a detainee continually resists arrest (as this kid did), they're instructed to stop struggling/resisting or they will be tasered (the warning was given at least twice that I heard), and if the detainee continues to resist (as this kid did) they are instructed to use the taser (as they did).

Unlike parents or teachers, police threats are rarely hollow. If they stop or I'll shoot, they will usually shoot if you don't stop. If they say stop struggling or you'll be tasered, either stop or expect to shake for a while.

Those warnings are part of the procedures they are trained to follow. Don't heed the warning and you'll discover they intend to follow through.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, i have "olivert (San Francisco)" in one of my 60s, is this olivert of 2p2? I tried talking to him but he's silent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've assumed that when I played with him, he wasnt bad either which was sort of surprising.

Didnt know you were 2p2, what is your stars pic btw a kangaroo or rodent or something?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've assumed that when I played with him, he wasnt bad either which was sort of surprising.

Didnt know you were 2p2, what is your stars pic btw a kangaroo or rodent or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

My stars pic is a closeup of the Moomintroll.

I pm'd oliver, dunno if he's ever gonna answer me since he stopped posting a while ago.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:20 PM

i wanna read those moomin books
Old 09-18-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's video of the dude from when he steps up to the mic to ask/discuss in this open forum. There's other vids and angles of this.

He's giving his speech/asking his questions and the cops start to detain him. I'd be pretty pissed too if I was physically handled during an open forum event. Yes he was a douche, but it could have been handled in a different manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having watched three or four different views/angles of this, looks like the cops followed procedure pretty much to the letter. If a detainee continually resists arrest (as this kid did), they're instructed to stop struggling/resisting or they will be tasered (the warning was given at least twice that I heard), and if the detainee continues to resist (as this kid did) they are instructed to use the taser (as they did).

Unlike parents or teachers, police threats are rarely hollow. If they stop or I'll shoot, they will usually shoot if you don't stop. If they say stop struggling or you'll be tasered, either stop or expect to shake for a while.

Those warnings are part of the procedures they are trained to follow. Don't heed the warning and you'll discover they intend to follow through.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is there so much video of this specific guy? do you guys run video off of your cell phones at events like this where you would happen to catch this? How much memory do you guys have in your cell phones for pics and videos? This smells.

We're losing context imo in a lot of what people are claiming to be facts based on the video they see on youtube. any camera has a difficult time catching context.

And wtf is up with that hitler thread in oot. Everybody is replying to the op saying "omg, I learned so much" and a good bit of what he says isn't even historically correct. I pretty much can bet my br that if I ran a thread called ask gtrhtr anything about the war on terror, all those posters who are saying omg this is so enlightening, would be telling me I don't know wtf I'm talking about.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wanna read those moomin books

[/ QUOTE ]
you should, they are pretty good
Closed Thread