Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM

Default 200NL, i think i was checking to induce but now wtf?

villian is 35/24 over 150 hands, with 10% WTSD

I checked the river to induce a bluff and then he overbet shoved? easy call? crying call? fold?

fwiw he instashoved

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($743.75)
Button ($220.45)
SB ($68.85)
BB ($75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, Button calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($22) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, Button calls $16, BB folds.

Turn: ($54) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $38</font>, Button calls $38.

River: ($130) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $159.45 (All-In)</font>, Hero
Old 08-30-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: 200NL, i think i was checking to induce but now wtf?

Fold.

A bluff doesn't make sense here. If he has air, then he called the flop and turn w/ nothing, and that seems insane.

I don't know what he has, but I wouldn't put the rest of my stack in hoping to see a bluff.

Also, since you bet the flop and turn, then he must give you credit for having some kind of hand, especially given the board texture. I doubt he's trying to push you off of a hand, unless he is a complete maniac/retard.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:13 PM

call, ive done this same play on A high two flushed boards oop when I had top pair, every so often villain grows a pair of balls and overbets the pot, sucks if you are beat but i call this every time and dont even think about it. In the future dont check to induce a bluff if a villain's all in will pull u off the hand. Mabe leave this play for when villain has less than a psb left if youre not comfortable calling this.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call, ive done this same play on A high two flushed boards oop when I had top pair, every so often villain grows a pair of balls and overbets the pot, sucks if you are beat but i call this every time and dont even think about it. In the future dont check to induce a bluff if a villain's all in will pull u off the hand. Mabe leave this play for when villain has less than a psb left if youre not comfortable calling this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, if you don't call here, then I like a blocking bet to 60, vill has 100 behind then.

Anyone else check this turn?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:19 PM

instead of saying i dont know what he has, why dont you try to put him on a hand and make a read. my read is a missed flush, I'd call an overbet shove with A high here if i thought it was good. You can't let your hand stregnth dictate when you call, its opponent and read dependent.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
instead of saying i dont know what he has, why dont you try to put him on a hand and make a read. my read is a missed flush, I'd call an overbet shove with A high here if i thought it was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

A missed flush seems like a bit of a stretch. I guess it's possible, but probably not likely. He's calling flop and turn w/ the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and hoping to win what when he hits?

It seems like he would take a more aggressive line on the flop and turn if he was drawing to a flush because he will almost never get paid off when he hits.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 PM

I usually block/value-bet these rivers but pot/stacks make this tricky.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:32 PM

Dude your opponent is not thinking like that most often, he sees the A high draw and just calls, I really think you are over analyzing at this level. I agree with Jay though, the best river play is a blocker. You cant just fold because he showed you aggression, make a read. What hand are you putting him on, a slowplayed flush? I agree that is a large bet for a missed draw, but Ive seen it before from opponents that I never would have expected it from. If you are going to check the river here, this is as good as it gets, you gotta call.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:37 PM

why would you check turn here? Also say we block for 70 do we call a shove for 90 more? essentially a min raise into a pot of 270 if I'm not wrong? I think either way you're going to the felt here which makes me rethink the blocker. I now vote for the check call giving him a chance to bluff all his chips away
Old 08-30-2007, 12:42 PM

I dont agree with many people line here. I really think this guy flopped a flush or is filled up on turn. It screams of call my bet on river doesnt make sense to bluff here since every draw got there. Str8, flush, and even a boat. He has got u fold.