Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Pickup basketball incident....

I am kinda hammered right now as it is sat. night but I feel like I must reply to some comments even if they dont make sense.

1. we were playing on hoop that was the 3rd best of the 4. Best rim is no excuse.

2. I play ball regualarly and would have had no problem taking the kid on but def didnt want to alienate my friends what just came to have fun.

3. This court was very dirty, and with the wind and sand, a full court game just wouldnt be fun (no traction and opposite hoop was bent- worst of 4)

4. no subs allowed in a real 5 on 5 game unless both teams have subs but generally no in a street game.

Thanks for backing me up OOT, i really would have felt worse about it had the kid not been such an ass afterward.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I were playing basketball today at a public court in the area. I am a student and live in Montreal so this is the first day I have had a chance to play ball outside, as university just finished. Now keep in mind 2 out of the 6 kids with us don’t really play basketball often and they are kinda terrible.

Halfway through the second game a kid comes up to us and asked if his team can have next game. As I was about to accept the challenge I looked around and saw that all 3 other hoops were empty so I said sorry man but we just want to play each other right now. The look he gave me was like a dear in the head lights, he could not believe what I just said. The following conversation goes like this.

Him “Wtf man haven’t you ever played street ball! This is a public court”

Me “yeah dude but we brought 6 kids for 3 on 3 and there are plenty of free hoops”

Him (looking at his friends) “this kid wont let us play what an a**hole!”

Me “Look , if the place was packed I would say sure but, I didn’t come here to not play and neither did my friend!”

Him “this kid is ……( I didn’t hear) sucking everyones D**K!”

Me “ I don’t need to explain myself to you dude, NO!”

Him “whatever man f**k you”

We keep playing… he talks on his cell phone and then leaves. Is it my obligation to accept every challenge even when other hoops are free? I kinda felt bad that this kid didn’t have anyone to play with but is not having friends my fault? OOT am I way off here? He was just so surprised it made me feel like maybe I was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's your full right to decline but it seems weird to do so since you were playing with people who suck.
Normally when a challenge arises you accept. Or i do at least.
Also be very careful with this kid. It seems that you are going to get beaten next time he sees you.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:13 AM

playing basketball with inexperienced people hasa to be one of the most painful things a person can put themself through.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:13 AM

OP
You did nothing wrong especially since there were empty courts
I was at the park a few weeks ago just shooting around with 2 of my friends who are both terrbile
I used to be good but i barely play anymore and some kids who were playing on the other court wanted to play us 3 on 3(one was much better than me and the other 2 were n my level)
So i said fine if we mix up the teams- but no they wanted to play with their "team"
[censored] that [censored] no point in playing if your gonna lose 21-7 every game

I can also remember going to the park to play with my dad and brothers when i was 7 or 8 ( so they were like 5 and 10)
If 4 people had come up to him hes supposed to play 4 on 4 against them with 3 little kids since its a public court?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Also, once again doubLe a tom manages to come off like an incredible douche. Not sure how I didn't notice this before but he keeps wrecking threads in the Sports forum and managed to make a craptastic post or two in this thread.

lol wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
tuq is 100% correct

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2007, 02:47 PM

lollll [censored] you guys, how exactly do i keep "wrecking" threads in the sports forum? i think there was 1 thread where we had a disagreement.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[censored] that [censored] no point in playing if your gonna lose 21-7 every game

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this. I love the challenge of playing against good players. Who cares if you lose?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Team of 5 challenged my group of friends during a 3 on 3 game. We accept and figure we would just sub someone in.

Is this ok? Guy on the other team flipped out telling us someone had to sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah his view is standard but I think it is dumb. Why not let one or two guys sub?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this. I love the challenge of playing against good players. Who cares if you lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I don't understand how people have unique sets of thoughts and ideas of fun.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:05 PM

OP, you did nothing wrong, and if I was in your shoes I would have done the same and most likely gotten into a huge argument with that kid. [censored] little punk.