Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Flopped quads deep stacked: now what?

I guess you somehow need to assess if your opponents are too aggressive or too passive and base your action on that.

If they are too passive: raise flop to $90, bet $200 on turn and $450 river, ship 1.5K pot

If they are too aggressive: I'm tempted to slowplay it on the flop to get calls from other opponents or to get value out of a second barrel, but raise the turn for sure since you somehow want to get it in vs a good hand at the end without making a huge overbet.

But how you played it seems perfect as well. I think it doesn't really matter since he had QQ, the money was going in anyway without an overcard on the board.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But how you played it seems perfect as well. I think it doesn't really matter since he had QQ, the money was going in anyway without an overcard on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is mainly what I'm looking to hear opinions on. I think you are correct in that it didn't matter what I did in this case, with QQ, he was probably dropping the stack, barring an overcard. I'm wondering: A. Should I make more of an effort to get him all-in on the flop or turn before a scare card hits. B. Should I play him slower, just in case he has a marginal hand/pair and may not call a huge bet?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:37 PM

i'd just raise, its easy to talk yourself (as the pf raiser here) that someone is just making a move on a pretty board, figuring you don't have a piece. I could easily see him not wanting to let go of a lot of his range, even if it was only AK, AQ etc.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd just raise, its easy to talk yourself (as the pf raiser here) that someone is just making a move on a pretty board, figuring you don't have a piece. I could easily see him not wanting to let go of a lot of his range, even if it was only AK, AQ etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

ike,

As the villian, at what point do you realize your QQ is toast?

Bad players stack off with most any boat and good players stack off with AA and KK most of the time. QQ is a hand that a lot of people *raises hand* have trouble dropping. Sure for a 100 bbs I guess it's not horrible, but 300+ bbs seems very spewish.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ike,

As the villian, at what point do you realize your QQ is toast?

Bad players stack off with most any boat and good players stack off with AA and KK most of the time. QQ is a hand that a lot of people *raises hand* have trouble dropping. Sure for a 100 bbs I guess it's not horrible, but 300+ bbs seems very spewish.

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems spewish, but to call someone a bad player b/c they go broke here seems a little harsh. As for at what point does it become spew? It really depends on villain's view of OP. It sounds like they get into some wars, so although it seems a little spewish, I'd hesitate at calling villain bad b/c of the way he played here.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:51 PM

You played it fine, although not crazy about the table talk you did.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:54 PM

ike,

I agree that bad is probably harsh becuase I am looking at one hand in a vacuum. For a 100 bbs I'd say it's pretty standard to stack off QQ against most players.

At 300+ bbs, I'm pretty sure that QQ is drawing very thin/dead a high % of the time when all the money goes in. I'm just trying to figure out at what point you just have to fold them.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:18 PM

I think you really should raise the flop, villains will not fold overpairs here and imo it doesn't look as strong as calling flop/raising turn.

Btw don't say this![ QUOTE ]
I only say it would be pretty bold of me to raise the flop with quads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM

now what? this is where i usually come.