Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

[ QUOTE ]
IMO the shady stuff that happens in online poker will never stop. It's well known that many of the high-stakes cash guys change accounts or screen names to misrepresent their identities, thus creating more (unwanted from opponents' perspectives) action for themselves. Further, many of us at MTTc stake people, who if they get deep in large MTTs, may essentially tell the stakee exactly what to do in every situation, so that while we are not directly clicking the mouse or typing in bet sizes, we are basically playing the tournament.

No disrespect at all meant to Mlagoo, but certainly some of you MTT guys at the house with far greater track records than Mlagoo were sweating and giving advice. I obviously don't know to what measure or extent this happened, and am not even necessarily saying its wrong or that I disagree with it, but it definitely violates the "1 person to a hand" rule.

I think multiaccounting MTTs is wrong, and I've never done and will never do it, but IMO its all on a continuum of shadiness that occurs everyday in the online poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what you've said except the stuff about Mlagoo. He played the entire tourney including HU completely on his own. I know some clown who final tabled was accusing him of getting help from gobbo or something but thats total BS. What do you guys know about mlagoo's play and what he is capable of anyway? Definitely an insulting assumption with no real basis.

Also, there is no real "1 person to a hand rule". Pokerstars has even specifically stated that this rule does not exist for their site because it is unenforceable.

Sorry to take this off track, but Matt was pretty unhappy with the allegations that he wasn't playing the tournament and I felt the need to address that comment.

-Jeff