Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 01:53 PM

Default Re: ($27 PS) AK facing a raise 7 handed at 100/200

Everyone asks for reads and such in these threads. When they are given we don't want to believe it. It's got to be one way or the other.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:01 PM

If I expect to see Ax more then AA and KK I dont mind flipping here. My initial thoughts were easy call, but this is actually a tough decision
Old 06-27-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I expect to see Ax more then AA and KK I dont mind flipping here. My initial thoughts were easy call, but this is actually a tough decision

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has Ax then it is a easy decision. It's somewhat harder based on the tight range given.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone asks for reads and such in these threads. When they are given we don't want to believe it. It's got to be one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

If OP's read is correct then its a fold...sorry I didnt see it when repsonding the first time, but this should be an easy fold if its AJ+ 99+...I doubt its even +cEV to push against that range.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well even if he is a donk and raising with 22, he will not fold and you risk your stack in a 5050.

[/ QUOTE ]

By saying I put 22 in his/her range I meant that A6s is also there...but this is all moot anyway.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:32 AM

In regards to the very tight range he'd put money in on only two hands prior being AA and AQo although I understand this is far from a decent sample. I thought given his chip stack, size of the raise and position 99+, AJ+ was a fair range. Running the numbers through stove it's 53/47 in my favour which suprised me a little. I ended up pushing and as expected he called and showed TT, I failed to improve and was out soon after. Thanks for the input guys, in future I think I'll fold and wait for a better spot.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to the very tight range he'd put money in on only two hands prior being AA and AQo although I understand this is far from a decent sample. I thought given his chip stack, size of the raise and position 99+, AJ+ was a fair range. Running the numbers through stove it's 53/47 in my favour which suprised me a little. I ended up pushing and as expected he called and showed TT, I failed to improve and was out soon after. Thanks for the input guys, in future I think I'll fold and wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt post hand ranges without a single read on the guy, as this makes any feedback you get more trivial....i think 99+ AJ+ might be too tight and generally readless id push this and fold AQ.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt post hand ranges without a single read on the guy, as this makes any feedback you get more trivial....i think 99+ AJ+ might be too tight and generally readless id push this and fold AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that this was the 35th hand of the SNG and I hadn't played with him previously this was the best range I could put him on. Perhaps I should have stated low confidence but given that he hadn't been LAGging it I figured he had some idea of STT strategy.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:50 AM

I've seen a lot of weak villians do this, and a vast majority of the time they show 55-99, TT being rare as most weak villians seem to like to trap with TT+. Basically they're saying "I don't really like my hand but it's a pp and I can't fold pp's so I'll raise enough to commit myself to any reraise and try to scare you all away." They're donks.

Basically if my stack is healthy and I don't want to take a coinflip, I only reshove here with 88+ here.