Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 AM

Default KK OOP vs. LAG nightmare flop

Villain LAG (UTG) is 48/35/4.9 and has been running hot. He recently iso-raised my AKo UTG raise with Q9s from UTG+1 he's be raising all sorts of nonesense (74o) from various positions.

The other guy is unknown, but while waiting for my BB has been cold-calling raises in this very aggressive table. I played 1 hand against him and called and won a river c/r with AQo UI after an obvious straight and FD failed to complete on the river in a large pot.

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) kimchi is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">kimchi 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">kimchi bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
kimchi checks, UTG checks.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">kimchi bets</font>

I hated that flop. Should I have checked and let him (maybe) bluff on the flop? I didn't like the apparently loose guy OTB.

Turn? I didn't want to get bluffed off the best hand - so is a check/call any good here?

The turn check suprised me. Should I have check/called the river to induce a bluff or is getting raised off the potentially best hand after a donk not worth it?

I was praying for an ace-free flop - but my heart sank when I saw that one.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: KK OOP vs. LAG nightmare flop

bet the turn. His range is huge on that flop. Turn is a good card for you. Call if he raises and see a SD unless a heart falls.

Bet the river. Plenty of hands will call you and you wont get raised a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
The turn check suprised me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Some LAGs are actually good postflop. When they get your respect and you start checking to them they are grateful as they get free cards for their draws.

Just because he 3-bets you with Q9s doesnt mean he is bad postflop. And as the games on crypto is playing it makes plenty of sense raising 74o in some spots. My guess is that if this guy is good postflop he is one of the bigger winners at crypto.

If he is a good LAG you have the worst seat at the table BTW and unless there are other fish you are most likely loosing when you consider the sick rake at crypto.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:10 AM

Given your description of UTG, there's no reason for us to think he has an A here. Bet the turn. Bet the flop too.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 AM

agree with Oink and please do not b/f the anywhere as played
Old 09-13-2007, 05:04 PM

I don't doubt that he could play very well post-flop. I don't think anyone who plays half of his hands could end up a big winner in the game, though.

The way that I deal with these players is to play tight, cap all of the hands I play with them pre-flop and make sure I see about 90% of the showdowns. Take lines that minimize the number of free cards you give, but try to avoid putting in too many big bets on the later streets, since he has a better idea of your hand than you have of his.

Obviously, I would much prefer to have position on the LAG.

[ QUOTE ]
Just because he 3-bets you with Q9s doesnt mean he is bad postflop. And as the games on crypto is playing it makes plenty of sense raising 74o in some spots. My guess is that if this guy is good postflop he is one of the bigger winners at crypto.

If he is a good LAG you have the worst seat at the table BTW and unless there are other fish you are most likely loosing when you consider the sick rake at crypto.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Always giving this guy credit for an A or made flush here is costly. This guy could have almost any 2 cards so I think you bet flop &amp; turn if he doesn't play back at you. Hero bet/calls riv.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:53 PM

This is not WA/WB because villains will often have 9 flush outs.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM

Sorry I was thinking from the wrong pov. See edit
Old 09-13-2007, 06:51 PM

i don`t know or it`s good but i playing same way hands like this
Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't doubt that he could play very well post-flop. I don't think anyone who plays half of his hands could end up a big winner in the game, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

LAGs like this can make a LOT of money over a large sample. All they need is for tham to hit more than an average number of their big draws and they get paid big time.

LAGs make up the highest variance in my databases. Some are insanely profitable while others lose sickening amounts when they get cold cards against passive players.

I'm sure it's a fun way to play - especially while you're running hot.