Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Bush to commute Libby sentence

Completely standard from this wholly corrupt, morally bankrupt administration.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on... even Kirsten Powers thinks this whole deal was a sham, that was a complete waste of time and money. She's a dem strategist and this is the first time I have ever heard her say anything that wasnt straight out of DNC headquarters.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:59 AM

So the whole Clinton Monicagate investigation was a sham--lying under oath doesn't mean as much any more--[censored] hypocrites

gg truth
Old 07-03-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the whole Clinton Monicagate investigation was a sham--lying under oath doesn't mean as much any more--[censored] hypocrites

gg truth

[/ QUOTE ]

Not remembering a time and date of a conversation equals not remembering your oval office knob job. OK then.

Whats easier to remember... the last time I have replied to you (if I ever have) or the last woman (or man) who slobbed your knob? Get real.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 AM

Please--apparently memory loss is contagious too. No one in the administration seems to have a good memory of anything, especially the attorney general. That has to be a good sign for the country, [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I know political bs when I see it, and I am disappointed that you can't or won't. Both sides are guilty--if anything, it may depend on the shade of guilt but GUILTY they both are.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on... even Kirsten Powers thinks this whole deal was a sham, that was a complete waste of time and money. She's a dem strategist and this is the first time I have ever heard her say anything that wasnt straight out of DNC headquarters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, get a [censored] clue. If this was the line then the only honorable thing to do would be to pardon Libby and fire Fitzgerald. Instead we get a commutation of the prison sentence on the grounds that the time is allegedly "excessive", with reasons given that are complete [censored] and recognizable as such by anyone with even a passing familiarity with federal sentencing law. Absolutely, 100% corrupt to the core. As we already knew.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, get a [censored] clue. If this was the line then the only honorable thing to do would be to pardon Libby and fire Fitzgerald. Instead we get a commutation of the prison sentence on the grounds that the time is allegedly "excessive", with reasons given that are complete [censored] and recognizable as such by anyone with even a passing familiarity with federal sentencing law. Absolutely, 100% corrupt to the core. As we already knew.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly is doing something completly within your power to do corrupt? Last I checked these decisions are at the discretion of the president. You may not like or agree with them, but corrupt is the wrong description.

If we find out that libbys wife gave a million bucks to the GWB library like Mark Rich's wife did to the Clinton library, then I would agree, corrupt is the right word.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:25 AM

Anyone who wants to biatch about this should just remember two words..Sandy Burglar.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How exactly is doing something completly within your power to do corrupt? Last I checked these decisions are at the discretion of the president. You may not like or agree with them, but corrupt is the wrong description.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the difference between the spirit and the letter of the law, a distinction that is not apparent to corrupt individuals.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we find out that libbys wife gave a million bucks to the GWB library like Mark Rich's wife did to the Clinton library, then I would agree, corrupt is the right word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually finding it hilarious how all the left wingers are such zealots for law and order. It would be interesting to note how they felt about illegals doing jail time in the United States.

I'd consider the reactions of folks like Pelosi and Reid to be muted on this. There's good reason, the next time the Democrats win the presidency they know that the same thing can happen. Libby was charged with lying about where he learned about Plame's being a CIA agent. Fitzgerald claimed he learned it from government officials, Libby claimed he learned it from reporters, that information was readily available on the internet. Why does it matter where Libby learned it? It's not.

One last thought from me on this, if it's irrelevant that a special prosecuter actually investigate a crime then why don't we just appoint a boat load of special prosecuters to find out who's willing to lie under oath to a grand jury under any circumstances and weed them out of the government by throwing them in jail.