Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Good chips distribution for limit stud homegame.

I am getting abit sick with holdem and wanted to organize something else for a change. A limit homegame. With $0,20-$0,40 bets and $0,05 ante for about 6 players. This means all bets placed are either 0.05 0,10 0.20 and 0.40. I tried a chipsdistribution but ended up with having way too many chips per player.

What is a good chipsdistribution for a game like this?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Good chips distribution for limit stud homegame.

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting abit sick with holdem and wanted to organize something else for a change. A limit homegame. With $0,20-$0,40 bets and $0,05 ante for about 6 players. This means all bets placed are either 0.05 0,10 0.20 and 0.40. I tried a chipsdistribution but ended up with having way too many chips per player.

What is a good chipsdistribution for a game like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you'll need 15 nickels and then the rest in 20 cent chips... unless you want to add dollar chips to shorten the stacks.

Since you're running a $0.20/0.40 stud game, you bring in will be a nickel as well, I think. If you want the dime forced bet, you still don't need dime chips. I wouldn't recommended it, though- there's enough money in there that you don't have to force the bring in to play EVERY hand, with a dime bring-in, if someone completes.

For a $10 buy-in:

16 nickel chips (0.80)
21 twenty-cent chips (4.20)
5 dollar chips (5)

That should give you more than enough chips to work with for each player without having to make change often (2 complete rounds of antes and 2 forced bring-ins, on average).

Have some extra $1 and 0.20 chips for rebuys and color ups (if the game gets shorter and you want to clean up the table a little)