Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: ***Official 6 to 4 Tuesday Performance Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Dominic, you would be correct if that's how the voting worked (i.e. bad performances trigger eliminations). Unfortunately, this isn't how it works. Last week has a tremendous impact on this week which is why Jordin could've given her worst performance (and arguably, she did) and still be safe. This is also why Lakisha and Chris are mostly likely doomed.

I don't think Phil will make final 2 for a number of reasons. This week was somewhat of an anomaly, IMO. The theme (rock) catered to Phil's strengths and Jordin's weaknesses. I think the person joining Melinda in the final 2 will be largely determined by the upcoming themes. As for Phil, I think he has the weakest fan base of the remaining contestants and is only sticking around because of his decent performances. The next time he slips, he will be gone. The same can't necessarily be said for Melinda, Jordin, and Blake who probably have more loyal fan bases. We've seen Phil's ugly side and I don't think it's out of the realm of probability that we will see it again.

Here's my prediction for how the rest of the season will play out:

This week: Chris and Lakisha go. Blake picks up most of Chris's votes. Melinda and Jordin pick up Lakisha's votes, with Melinda picking up most of them.

Next week: Phil delivers an okay, but lackluster performance. He's fine, but everyone else is better, and he gets eliminated.

Top 3 week: It's very close between Jordin and Blake. Although Blake hasn't been as good overall, he has picked up the most momentum in recent weeks and beats out Jordin.

Finals: Melinda easily beats Blake.

I know people were touting Jordin as the favorite before last night and the producers would love her to win this, but she's going to need to get really lucky now with a string of very good performances. Melinda has star quality and I honestly feel like she's starting to show that personality that she has lacked thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, we think alike. This is exactly how I see it going down as well.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else notice that Jordin does a song by the guest EVERY week? I didn't watch this week, BTW, I was busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I didn't realize how boneheaded this comment was at first, since this was "Bon Jovi" week. However, the weeks that haven't been specific contestants, she also picks the person there. Gwen Stefani was one and I'm pretty sure there was another one, maybe J-Lo?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:35 PM

Soul Daddy: Best series of post in the history of this AI forum.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else notice that Jordin does a song by the guest EVERY week? I didn't watch this week, BTW, I was busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I didn't realize how boneheaded this comment was at first, since this was "Bon Jovi" week. However, the weeks that haven't been specific contestants, she also picks the person there. Gwen Stefani was one and I'm pretty sure there was another one, maybe J-Lo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Martina
Old 05-03-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly look-back bias. I mean, it was a good series of posts, but best ever? Come on.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly look-back bias. I mean, it was a good series of posts, but best ever? Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link a better series of posts in the American Idol forum.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link a better series of posts in the American Idol forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was mostly kidding. But Private Joker's weekly review of the contestants is the highlight of the forum for me.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was mostly kidding. But Private Joker's weekly review of the contestants is the highlight of the forum for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like them too.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you heard it here first: Phil will be one of the final two. ....he's just getting better and better. The guy's a star.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, Dom. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Just listened to the studio versions of this week's songs...some notes, FWIW:

Jordin sounded waaay better in the studio and I think she has an excellent studio voice.

Blake is even better in the studio with his rendition of "You Give Love..." He has a semi-weak voice live but the studio could really turn this guy into a solid pop star.

Melinda was just as good as she was on stage - it's funny how the studio doesn't do much for her, which I guess is a good sign for her live singing.

Standard note: The studio would probably make me sound good, so a good studio sound doesn't always mean much.