Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Small Overpair

UTG+1 has cold called about 4 times in 2-3 orbits, Ive isolated and beat hima few times. He has also bluffed all 3 streets on 2 occasions. His vpip is around 50%.

MP1 has raised almost every hand he's been in.
I decided to play party tonite and usually play AP. This looseness is not what I normally see. If you need more info...just lemme know.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Bilgefisher is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, Bilgefisher calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Bilgefisher bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Bilgefisher bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Bilgefisher calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 2 players)
Bilgefisher ?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Small Overpair

c/c

If he's a bluffer, he'll probably bet this river for you. I'd like to see showdown as cheaply as possible at this point. And I'd think you're good 10% of the time against a bluffer.

I think you played this well so far.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:49 AM

if the turn was a total rag, I would be less inclined to see a SD (as in he has trips like almost always). I think this is a standard c/c on the river tho.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:02 AM

nh so far. check/call the river. Trust your read. Your read tells me that he will bet more hands when checked to than he will call with if bet into. check/call.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:16 AM

Definitely a check call situation. He could very well have missed the flush draw, or missed a straight draw.

If you check and he calls, you are getting 10.5 to 1 against a person who has tried to bluff you several times. Easy call imo.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:27 AM

Does MP1 tend to put in a continuation bet after raising preflop? If so, I think I might go for a c/r on the flop. SB is likely folding, and that means you are strongly protecting your VERY vulnerable hand.

Anybody agree?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does MP1 tend to put in a continuation bet after raising preflop? If so, I think I might go for a c/r on the flop. SB is likely folding, and that means you are strongly protecting your VERY vulnerable hand.

Anybody agree?

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd have to have him pegged as blind and over-aggressive. 665 is going to scare the [censored] out of someone holding AK/AQ, so he's not going to continuation bet so much as value bet, if you know what I mean.

Theoretical: River's a 3. Our play?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:46 AM

Besides the pre-flop call which I think is borderline, against non but the most aggressive players I like the donk bet on the flop.

Personally I think i would have checked the turn however.

You suddenly find yourself with 8 (somewhat dirty) more outs, for a total of 10 outs, against a hand that could still have you beaten. Id like to see the river card as cheaply as possible against multiple opponents, hence id c/c
Old 09-22-2006, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anybody agree?

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd have to have him pegged as blind and over-aggressive. 665 is going to scare the [censored] out of someone holding AK/AQ, so he's not going to continuation bet so much as value bet, if you know what I mean.

Theoretical: River's a 3. Our play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess you're right. I proboly would have gone for a c/r here to protect my overpair, but I didn't realize that most of the time that my play succeeds I'm probobly not protecting anything.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:13 AM

This is tricky on the turn. c/c is the only reasonable option on the river.