Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Strange Blind Hand

Standard line based off the action or did I miss value here?
Both the villians seemed to be somewhat loose with they didn't raise much pf and were willing to call down with a wider range of hands. They weren't awful, but certainly not good. When both players merely called the turn and the K hit, I thought I was toast. I probably would have folded for 1 bet back to me.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 10 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10 Players)
UTG calls $1, 6 folds, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.50, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG folds, BTN calls $2, SB calls $2

<font color="black">River:</font> ($11.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Pot Size: $11.50 ($0.50 Rake)
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Strange Blind Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Standard line based off the action or did I miss value here?
Both the villians seemed to be somewhat loose with they didn't raise much pf and were willing to call down with a wider range of hands. They weren't awful, but certainly not good. When both players merely called the turn and the K hit, I thought I was toast. I probably would have folded for 1 bet back to me.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 10 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10 Players)
UTG calls $1, 6 folds, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.50, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG folds, BTN calls $2, SB calls $2

<font color="black">River:</font> ($11.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Pot Size: $11.50 ($0.50 Rake)

[/ QUOTE ]

Converter seems to think this is in the wrong forum.

I don't mind checking the river just due to kicker issues more than anything else. Would you have called a bet? I would.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 PM

i bet the flop and bet the turn, and sometimes cc the river and sometimes bet the river. pretty bad board to give free cards.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:42 PM

I probably bet this flop. Villains have lots of reasons to call, making it ++VALUE.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably bet this flop. Villains have lots of reasons to call, making it ++VALUE.

[/ QUOTE ]

aaron, what's your river play here? if we are going to call a bet here shouldn't we be bet/folding?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

aaron, what's your river play here? if we are going to call a bet here shouldn't we be bet/folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

With two players, it's a fine value bet (and fold to a raise). You'll get paid off by enough 9x/8x hands hoping that you were bluffing the whole way with J2 or whatever. When you check and the third player bets, he's more likely value betting than bluffing. Heads up, I might consider check-calling because it's more likely to be a bluff. I still might just bet it though. Reads are really useful.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty bad board to give free cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good point. The board left me nervous, but I should have looked to prevent a free card. I really wasn't expecting to have the best hand here.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:32 AM

top pair = bet and see what happens.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 AM

I usually bet the flop, given that it's heavily coordinated. But I don't hate the check/evaluate line, given your kicker.

As played I bet the river. They'll fold their straight draws but call with a 9 or 8. Fold to a raise, obv.