Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Good fold here preflop with AK? NL10

Preflop, there is a raise UTG to .35 and 2 callers, so 3 people in and I'm on button with AK. I pop that up to 1.75. There is one fold, then a call, the one villain who is running: 44/2/1 over 50 hands pops it up to 3.5. I fold.

Was this a good fold? I didn't feel like I was ahead here and I will see AA/KK more than I'll see anything else.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Good fold here preflop with AK? NL10

Seems okay I suppose.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:28 AM

This is a little confusing without exact positions of player
0.05+0.1+3x0.35+1.75+1.4+3.15=7.5
Hero has 8.25 left (assuming everyone is 100BB deep)
Push + call from villain = risking 8.25 to win 7.5 + (10-3.5) = 14
You have 37% equity vs KK+;AK+
Old 11-03-2007, 04:33 AM

NO way am I folding here...If I follow correctly(a converted HH would be great please) there is $7.50 in the pot and it is only $1.75 to call..With that much dead money in the pot I am shoving it all in..

With that much dead money the only hand that has you crushed equity wise is AA....You have a huge equity edge vs all underpairs..You will see underpairs, AK and weaker Ax hands for a shove to be +EV...

After a raise and a one caller I doubt villain is slowplaying AA..But anything is possible..
Old 11-03-2007, 05:56 AM

Villian called after a caller the first time around which does not say KK/AA. Also, I would have flat called and played a flop in position preflop when it got to you on the button the first time around. Just see a flop and if you don't hit top pair or better muck it for -$0.35 instead of trying to push people around preflop and get in such a bad situation.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:59 AM

Positions included me in the SB, then the villain who called the 1.75 raise in mid position, and the aggressor on the button. I would not have flat called preflop because I was in such bad position that if I miss I just have to throw my hand away, I'd rather see all 5 cards. So to me, it was either fold or push.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian called after a caller the first time around which does not say KK/AA. Also, I would have flat called and played a flop in position preflop when it got to you on the button the first time around. Just see a flop and if you don't hit top pair or better muck it for -$0.35 instead of trying to push people around preflop and get in such a bad situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is horrible advice. Picking up what's in the pot is huge PF and we don't mind playing for stacks with AK
Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is horrible advice. Picking up what's in the pot is huge PF and we don't mind playing for stacks with AK

[/ QUOTE ]