Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Strattera(ADHD med) making me feel like crap

[ QUOTE ]

I doubt your doctor will like you being on benadryl as well, but for now definitely use it. See how dexedrine SR works for you. If you can tolerate that then your problem is solved. But if you still cannot sleep or eat then screw the medication. Also, force yourself to eat if you have to since the body needs calories.

On another note, how have you been doing with trying to quit WoW?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i don't think he would really like the idea of that, but i would really rather not tell him. i've read reports of people taking the benadryl to lessen the insomnia effects and it seems to be pretty well tolerated.

i haven't played wow ever since i started this medication. i'm sure it would help me concentrate better but i was addicted so i never really had a problem concentrating. I played it for an hour after my first dose of the Adderall and I felt really lazy and unproductive doing something like this, especially when I knew I had other stuff that I should be doing, like cleaning my house and paying bills. So I haven't loaded WoW up since and have started spending more time outside. Maybe it's the medication doing that for me because I knew before I started taking it that nothing could tear me away from that game.

People may doubt me when I say this but I feel like the medication actually not only makes me concentrate better, but also gives me a kick in the ass to get [censored] done. I see a pile of clothes on the floor that are dirty and I think, I should do a load of laundry, that's unacceptable. Whereas before I was on it, I would let that pile sit until it stunk up the room.

And this is just a random observation, but orgasming from sex and masturbatio feel great on Adderall. It's like when I orgasm, I just get this rush of amazing feelings into my head, like something I've never felt before. Not sure what in the drug would do that but I hope it lasts.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I doubt your doctor will like you being on benadryl as well, but for now definitely use it. See how dexedrine SR works for you. If you can tolerate that then your problem is solved. But if you still cannot sleep or eat then screw the medication. Also, force yourself to eat if you have to since the body needs calories.

On another note, how have you been doing with trying to quit WoW?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i don't think he would really like the idea of that, but i would really rather not tell him. i've read reports of people taking the benadryl to lessen the insomnia effects and it seems to be pretty well tolerated.

i haven't played wow ever since i started this medication. i'm sure it would help me concentrate better but i was addicted so i never really had a problem concentrating. I played it for an hour after my first dose of the Adderall and I felt really lazy and unproductive doing something like this, especially when I knew I had other stuff that I should be doing, like cleaning my house and paying bills. So I haven't loaded WoW up since and have started spending more time outside. Maybe it's the medication doing that for me because I knew before I started taking it that nothing could tear me away from that game.

People may doubt me when I say this but I feel like the medication actually not only makes me concentrate better, but also gives me a kick in the ass to get [censored] done. I see a pile of clothes on the floor that are dirty and I think, I should do a load of laundry, that's unacceptable. Whereas before I was on it, I would let that pile sit until it stunk up the room.

And this is just a random observation, but orgasming from sex and masturbatio feel great on Adderall. It's like when I orgasm, I just get this rush of amazing feelings into my head, like something I've never felt before. Not sure what in the drug would do that but I hope it lasts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear you have stopped playing WoW. Also, I do not doubt the other effects you have mentioned while taking these drugs. In fact I remember in college when I took some dexedrine to pull an all-nighter that it didn't help me concentrate, but it definitely motivated me to do stuff. For about a month after taking that one pill I had an insane amount of energy and the feeling was nice. However, after a while that manic feeling you get becomes annoying and I am a pretty mellow person, so I decided never to try to take the medication again. I never noticed the orgasm thing, but it definitely gave me energy to have a lot more sex than usual.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:12 PM

Wow the dexedrine didn't help you concentrate at all? Why do you think that is? I mean that's the main reason people in college take those if they don't have a prescription, so they can stay alert and focus on studying for hours and hours at a time.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:03 PM

Really it just made me hyper to the point where concentrating was very difficult. For the month after I took it my mind always felt like it was racing and the last thing I wanted to do was concentrate on a task for a long period of time. It gave me motivation to do chores, but the last thing I wanted to do was sit down and read a book. I don't know why my body reacted the way it did, but after taking it I realized I should probably avoid it.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:23 PM

if you can't sleep, take less. you mentioned that you're having more intense orgasms and more sexual energy. this is most likely from the amphetamines themselves and not from some other ingredient in the drugs. many amphetamines increase sex drive and also put you into euphoric states at higher doses.

you asked if it was dangerous to be on the drugs if you don't really have add. imo, it is not any more dangerous to be on the drugs with or without ADD. You face the same risks of creating dependence whether or not you have mild ADD, severe ADD, ADHD, or other problems. Just make sure to talk to your doc about the risks, and tell him how you feel. You are the best judge of how the medicine is working, and whether or not you should change dosages, or stop altogether. Just be aware that the drug can be addictive for certain people.

I don't believe that I have ADD, or ADHD, but when I was in college I used Aderall on several occasions to help me pull all nighters or concentrate to write a big paper. It worked amazingly well at keeping me awake and able to focus for long periods of time. However, it destroyed my appetite, and made it difficult for me to sleep. For this reason, I only took it 2 or 3 times. The negative effects outweighed the positive.

Have your doctor experiment with dosages to try and reduce the negative effects while still maintaining the positive ones.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:00 AM

dextroamphetamines rock and what follows is some of the best advice you will ever get.

My advice is to tell the doctor it helps a little but your dosage is too low. Tell him you keep running out and the most amazing thing is, it helps you sleep better (this is common with people with ADHD that take stimulants). Tell him you take it right before bedtime and you sleep like a baby.

Then you should regulate the dosage yourself and take only what you need while stockpiling the rest.

The whole doctor/pharmacy thing is a huge scam and your only defense to get the medicine you need is to act like I suggest.

The problem is you can't get any refills and going back to your doctor every 30 days to get scammed out of a 1 hour session so you can get a refill and he can get paid will get real old real quick.

Get him to write as much stuff as he will (had my doc writing 3 15 Dexidrine XRs a day and 30 MG of the non XR tablets).

Stockpile, stockpile, stockpile because sooner or later you will snap to how you are being used and abused by the great machine but you will be [censored] because you can't keep getting your medicine without paying the toll charge.

Don't be bashful about getting him to really ramp up the dosage. You will thank me later and do not worry, no matter how much you bitch and complain about this drug, I predict you try to stay on it for the rest of your life. Whether it is the amazing sex and orgasms, or the intense concentration and outcome oriented direction your life takes -- you will always want to be on this drug even in small doses.

You can update this thread as your life progresses but no way you quit these dextroamphetamines. I can tell you like it too much already. You will thank me later for this advice. Good luck.