Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: AP hand 3/6 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Of course a raise would be brutal because I suck and have a hard time finding a fold even though a river raise means I'm likely smoked

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the villian has any clue and hand can read because you never have a Q and he thinks he get get us to fold 99, Tx, or JJ.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:54 PM

NH well played.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we ever think of betting the river here to avoid the FSDR or do we assume any pair is betting anyway and any air ist calling but may bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a free showdown raise usually, but after making it no one can ever fold. I'd bet the river quickly call a raise.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a free showdown raise usually, but after making it no one can ever fold. I'd bet the river quickly call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is how i've been playing it a lot latly on switch "quickly" to "begrudingly"
Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your nickname at AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly I'd rather not give it out
Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we ever think of betting the river here to avoid the FSDR or do we assume any pair is betting anyway and any air ist calling but may bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting I actually thought about against this particular player but I've been running so awful I didn't want to have to get put to a decision. If I do bet that river against him I would definitely make the call although it would be one of those crying calls.... Nut is definitely capable of raising that flop in hopes for a cheaper showdown though
Old 11-20-2007, 07:22 PM

Which is exactly why I brought it up. All I play is AP 3-6 and 5-T and those LAg monkeys keep FSDR me and its making me cranky. I think there is a good chance he checks behind a 7 , bad ten, or some other mis played PP here. I think if we check the river a Q or River bet from villian are far from a given
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which is exactly why I brought it up. All I play is AP 3-6 and 5-T and those LAg monkeys keep FSDR me and its making me cranky. I think there is a good chance he checks behind a 7 , bad ten, or some other mis played PP here. I think if we check the river a Q or River bet from villian are far from a given

[/ QUOTE ]

After thinking about it further I think your exactly right.... I have a different circumstance for you now. Your playing against a tighter opponent, thinking player, you donk the river he insta raises, can you give it up? or do you pay off
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM

assuming he called the turn and the river was a complete brick? Depends on what thinking opponent means, because if I'm UTG with QK, QJ, or QT I'm not waiting until the river to raise, I'm popping the turn, so a river raise never means Q when the pot is HU from me. I think I'm snap calling because I'm much better than 6:1 to having the best hand and I expect to see KT, JT, or AT.