View Poll Results: Biggest pot won online
$100 or less 11 18.64%
$100-$500 16 27.12%
$500-$1000 9 15.25%
$1000-$5000 14 23.73%
$5000+ 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 8)

LOL.

Also, I'm about 99% sure all that cutting, pasting, and bolding was for nothing. There's 30 seconds I'll never get back.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yj,

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: My rankings are NOT a traditional power rankings. They are projective, meaning we are ranking based on where teams will finish. Rankings are done based on the playoff guidelines, meaning the division winners get the top four seeds. For a full explanation, please see this post. Also, when I list a team's NFL rank, it's based on DVOA unless otherwise noted.

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S.- Kyro, I support your platform.

[/ QUOTE ]
so, based on these guidelines, what you're saying is even if NO finishes above carolina but neither make the playoffs, and carolina is ranked better by DVOA or whatever, you'd rank the panthers higher?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Right, the Saints have 9 games left: JAX, STL, @HOU, @CAR, TB, @ATL, ARI, PHI, @CHI.

They're favs for the Jax game, and should be faves up until TB. The line will be close in TB if things go like they have been, since TB is kinda falling. They'll be favs @ATL and vs ARI. Phi and CHI are weird. Philly's better, but who knows what'll happen with them? CHicago's worse but has home field.

This team probably goes 9-7, maybe 10-6. I'm not sure if 10-6 will be enough for a playoff spot - the 3 teams in the NFC East that don't win will fight for the wild card as well as CAR/TB and DET. Saints really need to take care of business vs TB and CAR in order to win the division.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yj,

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: My rankings are NOT a traditional power rankings. They are projective, meaning we are ranking based on where teams will finish. Rankings are done based on the playoff guidelines, meaning the division winners get the top four seeds. For a full explanation, please see this post. Also, when I list a team's NFL rank, it's based on DVOA unless otherwise noted.

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S.- Kyro, I support your platform.

[/ QUOTE ]
so, based on these guidelines, what you're saying is even if NO finishes above carolina but neither make the playoffs, and carolina is ranked better by DVOA or whatever, you'd rank the panthers higher?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.. they're really isn't a final ranking, since the final ranking is just by record.

(FWIW Saints > CAR in DVOA)
Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

</font>[/b]<font color="blue"> 1. DALLAS (6-1) </font><font color="red"> </font>: OHHDEE, OHHDEE OHHDEE OHHDEE… OHHDEE… OHHHHHHHDEE. OHHDEE, OHHDEE OHHDEE OHHDEE… OHHDEE… OHHHHHHHDEE. (Don't get it? Try here. And check out this while you're at it. Ahhh, good times.) <font color="purple">[b] NEXT: @ Philadelphia.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably OD'd from something from your coach's 'drug emporium.'
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok your statement wasnt towards me. No retalliation due. GG and have fun all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was. It was directed completely at you.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol this is exactly what i'm saying. that "soft spot in their schedule" is basically the rest of their season. with carolina's schedule being so rough it was not unreasonable to imagine that they could make up the ground somewhere, as long as they played competent football and showed the occasional streak of brilliance which they are capable of. remember its not about who you think beats who on a neutral field, its where you think they end up.

[/ QUOTE ]

but they hadn't PLAYED competent football save for that one game! You were basing the rest of the season off of one game and completely ignoring 3 blowouts and a 4th straight loss at home to a divisional opponent. Sure, if they played like they played at Seattle, they'd catch up, but nothing suggested that the Seattle game was their potential and the first 4 games were flukes.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol this is exactly what i'm saying. that "soft spot in their schedule" is basically the rest of their season. with carolina's schedule being so rough it was not unreasonable to imagine that they could make up the ground somewhere, as long as they played competent football and showed the occasional streak of brilliance which they are capable of. remember its not about who you think beats who on a neutral field, its where you think they end up.

[/ QUOTE ]

but they hadn't PLAYED competent football save for that one game! You were basing the rest of the season off of one game and completely ignoring 3 blowouts and a 4th straight loss at home to a divisional opponent. Sure, if they played like they played at Seattle, they'd catch up, but nothing suggested that the Seattle game was their potential and the first 4 games were flukes.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes they did! kyro honestly, come out and say it, did you watch any of their games?
take the game against the titans. it was close until the 4th. the saints put together really good drives all game. some came apart because of fluke turnovers that are really out of character for them, especially brees. this cost them the game. but to say that they completely sucked all season is completely off base. i can't talk for the colts game because i didn't see it, but whatever, it was the colts anyway.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5. NEW YORK (6-2) : Huge kudos this week for Tom Coughlin, who has completely changed his approach with not only his team, but the media and the organization as a whole. I'm sure many of you saw the comments in Bill Simmons' mailbag last week, but check out the whole article, found here.

That is some funny [censored] being number 5. have u not seen their D! It is GREAT! I am a Cowboy fan and I am scared next week. We might have to bring in Fasano to block and use some 2 back schemes for Romo to have some time to throw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we start banning people for this? If I ever run for moderator, that will be my platform.

[/ QUOTE ]

SE Forum needs three things, imo:

1) Tempbans for people like this.

2) No more OFFICIAL threads. Just write "2007 Eagles Thread". Done.

3) No more ***. See above.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could see [New Orleans] being ahead of CAR but that's really contingent on them beating them because of tiebreaker stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. New Orleans pretty much has to beat Carolina to finish ahead of them, and that game is in Carolina in a couple weeks. I even have that game marked in blue because it's very important for ranking purposes.

Is New Orleans better than Carolina? Yes. Will New Orleans finish ahead of them? My gut says yes, but the playoff odds thing on FO says no. It's really close either way.