Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Missed flushdraw

Villain is loose and sometimes aggro (although hasn't been out of line). He tends to go too far with his draws though.

3 limpers to me, I limp As4s in the HJ, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Ks Ts 3d
Checked to me, I bet, 2 callers.

Turn: 5h
Checked to me, I bet, 1 fold, Villain thinks for a minute, like he is counting his outs or something, and then calls.

River: Kd
He checks, Hero ??

Is this a good spot to fire another barrel? I figure villain is either on a draw of some kind here, or has a T. Or do you think I should have just checked through the turn and c/f the river UI? My image is pretty rocky, although I doubt villain is giving that much thought.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Missed flushdraw

I don't think I'd bet that turn against two players, would probably bet it against one, but I don't think you'll take it down often enough to be profitable. I'd just take a free card with my excellent draws and look to raise their river bets if I hit.

As played I personally would not fire again. I believe a lot of the time you take this down with a bet, you would have won it with a check anyway. That is, your ace high looks good if he indeed had a draw. Also, this is a terrible card for us if we are looking to get a fold. We are now less likely to have the hand we have been representing. To a lot of players the fact we fire again on this card will look like we are either very strong or bluffing. Looks like a spot for a thin value bet rather than a bluff.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Preflop: Good.

Flop: Good.

Turn: I just check. It's very unlikely that both opponents fold and we don't have enough villians to bet for value.

River: You arn't going to get a better hand to fold often enough. A pair isn't ever folding and you are ahead of the OESDs and flush draws. Really the only hand that is a ahead of you that might fold is AJ (I'm assuming AQ would have raised preflop) but it's not too likely that he has that exact hand.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 AM

i would make up my mind in the hand to either check turn and take one off or to fire both turn and river, but thats a river card im betting.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would make up my mind in the hand to either check turn and take one off or to fire both turn and river, but thats a river card im betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

These were my thoughts as well, and while I think it's good to have a plan, I'm not sure the river card is really a good one to bet at. If he has a pair then he isn't going to fold on this river. I think checking the turn is probably the best line here against 2 opponents - but if I bet the turn, I don't think I -have- to bet the river in this spot.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played I personally would not fire again. I believe a lot of the time you take this down with a bet, you would have won it with a check anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this thinking, I dont see the point in betting if he isnt going to fold a better hand or call with a worse one. If he called the turn with a pair he will likely call again since the 2nd K doesnt change anything from his point of view but if he was drawing then we probably win with ace high anyway
Old 10-11-2007, 05:02 PM

I don't think the turn bet is bad. You have picked up a gutshot along with your flush draw and Ace overcard. If both opponents call then your bet is for value. If they both fold then thats good. If one calls then at least you have set yourself up for a free showdown with Ace high wich might be good.

the decision to bet the turn is close though since the villian is likely to call with any sort of draw or piece of the board.

As played I would just check it down on the river
Old 10-11-2007, 05:28 PM

why would you bet the river?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:33 PM

Ace hi + bad kicker = take your free showdown.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:52 PM

I think a lot of times a villian will fold a ten here, and even more likely a 3. Just because someone calls with middle (or bottom) pair on the flop and turn doesn't mean they will call the river, they may have just been hoping to improve.