Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:47 PM

Default NL200: Best line with these Qs?

Came across this gem as i was reviewing hands. LOL at my line. Not sure where I should have made a change.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $216.10
BB: $245.50
UTG: $257.40
UTG+1: $291.50
Hero (MP1): $200.00
MP2: $200.00
MP3: $40.00
CO: $200.00
BTN: $48.50

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 13/7/3.6 thru 1k hands. Most of those hands were likely datamined...don't know how many hands I've actually played with villain or what his impression of me is but he seems solid. At the very least I haven't seen him get out of line postflop up until now.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $8.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($19) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, CO calls $15.00

Turn: ($49) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $35.00</font>, Hero calls $35.00

<font color="blue"> I'm not scared of the A here, but betting doesn't seem to suit my purposes from a pot control standpoint. I think I checked primarily with that in mind. Check/folding the turn seems super wk, especially since I just picked up outs in the form of a double bellybuster if I am behind.</font>

River: ($119) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $75.00</font>, Hero ???

<font color="blue"> What am I beating here other than a bluff? Bet seems a little large for a value bet though...is that grounds for a call? </font>
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: NL200: Best line with these Qs?

bet/fold or c/f turn is best imo. c/c and then checking the river just seems like burning money.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: NL200: Best line with these Qs?

I don't mind the turn call, although you can only count on 6 of your straight outs, and you may be drawing to win half the pot... making the turn call more read-dependent. The problem is determining his CO cold-calling range. I'd guess he has A-x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and spiked a pair. The river is a clear fold imo.