Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Two borderline hands I\'d love opinions on (25nl)

Hand 1
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $27.85
BB: $7.20
UTG: $28.60
UTG+1: $30.50
MP1: $15.10
MP2: $6.25
MP3: $25.00
CO: $7.90
Hero (BTN): $25.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $1.00</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds

<font color="blue"> Positional advantage gives me enough reason to easily call these limps, see a flop. I don't feel 3 betting is viable with this weaker hand </font>

Flop: ($4.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $2.50</font>, MP3 calls $2.50, CO folds, Hero calls $2.50

<font color="blue"> This is a questionable call, reasoning at the time was we're reasonably deep, and turn could make or break the hand. I felt it was worth sticking around in a marginal position to see what happened. Spew? </font>

Turn: ($11.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets all-in for $11.60</font>, MP3 calls $11.60, Hero ????

<font color="blue"> Realistically I'm drawing to the flush here, I can't see an A or J winning it for me. MP3 has $9.90 behind after this call. Correct to draw? (My maths is 7 clean outs (non pairing hearts) and 2 possibles, so I'll work off 8, 17.5% of winning. Assuming I win MP3's stack as I can't see him laying it down to a heart pot odds show $11.60 to win $44.90 (inc villians stack) or 25% equity required to make the call (or have I answered this myself). Do you???</font>

Hand 2
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $24.75
BB: $25.00
UTG: $16.75
UTG+1: $4.65
MP: $47.35
CO: $48.85
BTN: $47.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 folds, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BB calls $1.25, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.50</font>, Hero calls $2.75

Turn: ($14.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets all-in for $18.00</font>, Hero ?????

<font color="green"> Villian is running 45/14/11 over 60 hands </font>

Has the king really helped the villian here? I can't see him playing this massive shove assuming he has just connected with his hand. I doubt he is paranoid enough about a back door spade flush draw to protect so much. Air / draw / non-king enough to call or you just can't risk it with the pot odds?

Any flames / helpful criticism on both hands would be greatly appreciated. I felt they were close situations that may come up again, so its worth getting feedback on.

Thank you.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Two borderline hands I\'d love opinions on (25nl)

1st fold the flop,

2nd fold the turn.

We can make a reason for folding flop on 2nd hand but dont worry about it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st fold the flop,

2nd fold the turn.

We can make a reason for folding flop on 2nd hand but dont worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd do the same.

in the 2nd would you really fold the flop? can you explain me why? thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 09:27 AM

I should kick myself for posting the first hand, sorry when I went through the analysis myself I can see its a clear fold. Sorry for posting that one up on the forum, I mainly did it because it was a big hand and I'm interested in opinions on the flop play.

Hand 2 I'm interested in the reasoning for the flop fold if you're willing to share.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM

AF of 11 is fairly high.... the all in on the turn is a very strong aggressive play... i would not assume at this point that villain has a king, he is extremely LAG so u could call this turn. however, you can fold rather cheaply here and will probably find a better spot to get his money if you wait.

also, I dont think i could ever fold the flop to those stats.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Hand 2: eh, fold?! wtf? There's no way i am ever folding here. He min-raises the flop too thinking you have air and tries too push you off it.

Unless Villan in hand 2 is scared of money i cant see him playing a set like this. THis is one of the easiest stacking off decisions you will make imo.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:46 AM

Yeah I would never fold in hand 2 against that guy on the flop, which I shove. After you just call I would probably fold on the turn Kx hands and the straight draw got there.... But is a borderline spot.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Hand #2 - I'd raise/shove on the flop. As played, you've made it a lot harder on yourself. I'd fold and expect to have better shots to make money from this guy.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Hand 1:

Preflop is fine. Calling on this flop is total spew. I don't know how deep you've got to be for this call to ever look reasonable, but I think its got to be closer to 1000bb than 100bb. Never call here. On the turn I think the pot + impled odds should guide you...no reason to call here when you don't have enough equity to make it profitable.

Hand 2:

I think I could find a fold here against a lot of villains, but not one who's 45/14/11. You'll be beat some but I think you're ahead more often than not. You've got 60 hands on him...have you seen him play anything else this way? Will he get his whole stack in w/ TPTK? He's correctly considering the K a scare card that helps him in his never ending quest to push you off the best hand. I'd call a be prepared to see anything from the nuts (QJ) to 87, AT, or worse.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 PM

#1 Fold flop
#2 Auto-call against this maniac.