Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 12:17 AM

Default 99 UTG ... Mike Sexton says mid PP are hard to play... I agree

Villain is 12.5/10.7/2.3 over 112 hands.

I think he's good and taggy. He probably views me as laggy and over aggro.

Advice on all streets. Who raises preflop? Anyone limp, rr? Bet turn, Bet river? All thought welcome...

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP1: $36.60
MP2: $53.55
CO: $49.75
BTN: $119.15
SB: $39.60
BB: $51
Hero (UTG): $70.25
UTG+1: $40.45

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero calls $0.50, 4 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($5.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15</font>, BTN calls $10.50

Turn: ($35.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($35.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks
Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: 99 UTG ... Mike Sexton says mid PP are hard to play... I agree

[ QUOTE ]
He probably views me as laggy and over aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

doubtful. Just call the flop and go from there. Probably c/c the turn too.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 AM

I like raising preflop better. Limping is fine to mix into your play occasionally, though.

Postflop looks good.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Postflop looks pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkraising the flop is horrible here. Sure, youll probably fold out AK/AQ/other random crap/maybe TT if youre lucky (though i doubt it). but almost all of the hands that are beating you arent going anywhere. Youre creating a very large pot which you will be committed to when you are OOP with a weak hand and very little information about your opponents holdings. c/c is much better, hell i might prefer c/f to c/r. Raising PF would have made this hand much eaesier to play.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:31 AM

8 handed I'd def raise this PF.

c/c flop, check turn or even lead turn are other lines that keep the pot smaller OOP.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Postflop looks pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkraising the flop is horrible here. Sure, youll probably fold out AK/AQ/other random crap/maybe TT if youre lucky (though i doubt it). but almost all of the hands that are beating you arent going anywhere. Youre creating a very large pot which you will be committed to when you are OOP with a weak hand and very little information about your opponents holdings. c/c is much better, hell i might prefer c/f to c/r. Raising PF would have made this hand much eaesier to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't man, isn't this the best way to find out where I am? I mean, I know this guy is cbeting her 100% of the time, if I c/r and he continues I am know I am behind and I am done. But if I c/c and he fires turn, and then river... I gotz a more expensive problem, no?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:47 AM

I c/c flop, and then lead the turn.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't man, isn't this the best way to find out where I am? I mean, I know this guy is cbeting her 100% of the time, if I c/r and he continues I am know I am behind and I am done.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO way, you should have RAISED pre-flop thats the best way to find out where you are....If he has a better hand pre-flop he would have 3bet you. If he called, you could have led flop, turn etc and controlled the pot. By limping, his raise gave you no information, he could have 22-AA and everything in between.

[ QUOTE ]
But if I c/c and he fires turn, and then river... I gotz a more expensive problem, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check/raise and he calls you have an expensive problem, your really lucky he was so passive.

I seriously think mid-pps are good hands to play they are easy to let go if you play them right...There only hard to play when you play them wrong but that goes for every hand right
Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 PM

I don't know. I think limping with a mid PP UTG is an okay play. If you are in a mutli-way pot you hope for a set or you are out... If it gets heads up in a sitaution like the one presented it is usually not to hard to play.

If I c/c flop he bets 4.50. Then turn pot is $15, so figure he bets 8-12, we'll assume $10. Now in order to call here I have to invest just as much as in the flop but I risk peeling an other card and having an A or K or somehting hit.

The c/r usually ends the hand which is fine by me, cause I am not strong enough to go to war. The c/c line could have me facing really tough decision on the river.

True, I am luckly he played it soooo passive but if I met any real resistance I think it becomes an easy fold.

no?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM

I like raising small utg. Depends on table. Limp calling id fine. I think you need to bet the turn as a follow up. Your giving free cards to overcards.