Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 02:06 AM

Default PC advice...

Hey guys. I currently play on a laptop with a 15" screen and wanted to upgrade as soon as possible to either a new monitor ( 19-20") or a whole new PC. The problem is i dont want to spend anything from my own pocket, but my poker winnings. My BR atm is around $2.5k.
I need to start mutitabling w/o overlap. Would building my own PC be less expensive ?
Any advice is appresciated.
Thanks.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:56 AM

Default Re: PC advice...

It depends. When I looked into building my own PC recently I found that tigerdirect.com had a machine for slightly cheaper than I could build it for. Now, part of that was I wanted a machine that just happened to match one they were selling. The only way to really find out is to figure out what kind of computer you want then compare part costs with pre-built machine costs.

Don't forget if you haven't built a computer before it can take a couple of frustrating hours. If you have built one before it can take a couple of kinda fun hours.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:00 AM

Well building a new comp right now is cheaper then its been over the past few years cause technology has kinda hit a wall. You could build a pretty solid above the middle of the road comp for around 1k right now. You could buy a monitor for like $300-$400, Dell 20 in.. This seems to be one of the monitors lots of people are running right now cause you can multi table without overlap. The only thing you need to make sure is that your current graphics card can support 1600x1200 cause lots do not.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:56 AM

well on the specs of my laptop it says Max Resolution (external)1280 X 800, so i guess im gonna have to go with a new PC.