Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: KJs 5/10

[ QUOTE ]
OP,
nh.

deviouz,

I don't mean to attack you bro, but I wanna point out some flaws in your post:

[ QUOTE ]
this type of hand does not play well against a pre-flop raiser, but you are allready in, and called the 3-bet correctly

[/ QUOTE ]
Preflop is super standard. It is folded to us on the button and we have a very strong hand with good high-cards, flush and straight potential. When we get 3-bet we might be in a troublespot, but we do have position, and it's a 4-handed blind steal situation so villains range really isn't that tight that we need to be to worried about domination.

[ QUOTE ]
you flop a nice draw, and you re-raise, I think a call might have been a better play, since you still not have anything yet, and only one oponent, this means to little money in the pot and you will not have that raise back to you if you win the pot

[/ QUOTE ]
Our draw isn't just "nice", it is basically a monster. We probably have 12 clean outs (flush or straight) and some overcard outs as well. Our equity in the hand his almost certainly bigger than villains equity, so for each extra bet that goes into the pot we're making more money than he is on average. And another great reason to raise it here is that he might check the turn, and then we can either value-bet if we hit, or check behind 'cause then we won't have as much equity.

[ QUOTE ]
yet you bet on the turn having nothing, maybe take the freecard would have been better, you re-raised incorrectly and would have had that option after all, and you could have seen a free showdown since you have position on the villain

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to work on your post reading skills (your comment on my hand was also based on misreading the hand).
He never bet the turn. Villain bet the turn, so OP never had the option to check behind.

I have no idea what you mean by re-raising incorrectly. There was no re-raise in the hand at any point (it goes: Bet, Raise, Re-raise (3-bet), Re-re-raise (4-bet).

And he did take a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think I might have explained poorly, please let me give it another shot, what I mean is that KJs plays bad against an agressive oponent, and I stick by that, Im not saying anyone raised you preflop, you did right raising pre-flop, you say there is no reraise but he 3-bet you on the flop, I call that a re-raise, a 3-bet is a re-raise ok?, you say "Our draw isn't just "nice", it is basically a monster" I disagree with that, if you had this draw on the flop, it would have been a nice draw with potential, but not when you only have one card to draw, and that change things dramaticly, I might have missread something and I'm sorry for that. but in a nutshell, the hand was poorly played, and I'm not picking on you for that, I mearly trying to help out so you can make better plays in the future. I hope no hard feelings? I'm just a human after all.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: KJs 5/10

[ QUOTE ]
I just think I might have explained poorly, please let me give it another shot,

[/ QUOTE ]
ok

[ QUOTE ]
what I mean is that KJs plays bad against an agressive oponent, and I stick by that,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just wrong. It's a 4-handed game and we have the button. KJs is a great hand in this spot vs any type of villain, and an aggressive villain will re-raise us with hands like KTs, QTs, JTs, A6o, all of which leave us in a great position to extract the most when we're ahead and pay the least when we're behind because of our position.

[ QUOTE ]

Im not saying anyone raised you preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]
But villain did reraise preflop. And it's not me that's playing this hand. It's Mozart.

[ QUOTE ]
you say there is no reraise but he 3-bet you on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you're right that I incorrectly said there was no re-raise in the hand. There was indeed a re-raise, but it was pre-flop, not on the flop or on any later street.

[ QUOTE ]
I call that a re-raise, a 3-bet is a re-raise ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
I pointed out this fact in my post.

[ QUOTE ]
you say "Our draw isn't just "nice", it is basically a monster" I disagree with that, if you had this draw on the flop, it would have been a nice draw with potential,

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] We DO have this draw on the flop. That is why I recommend pumping it on the flop

[ QUOTE ]
I might have missread something

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed!

[ QUOTE ]
but in a nutshell, the hand was poorly played

[/ QUOTE ]
You give no concrete logical argument for why it is badly played. Most of your arguments are based on misinterpreting the action in the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I mearly trying to help out so you can make better plays in the future. I hope no hard feelings? I'm just a human after all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I did not play this hand. But I think it is well played.

I'm just trying to help you become a better poster, which usually leads to becoming a better player. Likewise, I hope there are no hard feelings.