Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: I fold top pair on turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PF is meh in a vacuum, whatever. PF is terrible if you can't fold this flop after getting 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
just playing internet poker is terrible in that case, isn't it? sorry oink i really do love your breasts.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL its cool

I have accepted I made a bad flop peel. But only after mvoss made it clear that I need to control my inner LAG and seek help [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Oh and making references to drunken sessions at AP where I claim to have huge [censored] is totally uncalled for [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. The owner of that account actually has huge [censored] but those are not for you [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The owner of that account actually has huge [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Making such claims without any evidence to back it up is completely useless! Now where have I read sentences like that before [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 05:54 PM

This is gonna get me in trouble [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 PM

This thread is now useless without pics.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pics plz

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2007, 06:18 PM

I'm responding blind:

Wow, that's quite a flop peel.

I would fold the turn.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 PM

wow. i turbofold flop.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 AM

1 You have been 3 bet pre flop. Not a good sign, and then the BB comes along for the ride. Pre flop you're way behind.
2 you have 1 overcard and the bdstr8 draw. on the flop, peel and see fair enough.
3 The Q hits! And then there's a bet and a raise!

This could mean a number of things but being an optomist you're hand is best a reasonable ammount of the time. They both seem fairly solid agressive players from their stats and you ask how you would play say A9 or jj, if you were them, you would raise to protect your hand. I would protect my hand from the fourth spade with a raise with either of the above two hands and maybe a pocket pair below the board. I also play hands like AJ and AK very agressively if I think my opponent is trying to push me about with a worse ace, especially if I had the As or Ks(I mean the turn raising guy).
What I'm getting at is that the raising guy has worse hand than you a lot of the time. (as does the sb)

Now to raise or call. If we are saying our hand is best a reasonable ammount of the time lets get agressive and 3 bet(just calling gives the guy drawing to the 4th spade a birthday present).

Of course the heavy betting and the solid opponents mean that your'e beat more often than not but the pot is worth fighting for.

When at showdown you get shown AQ or the flush you look stupid, when they show you a9 or jj or some other hand you crush get ready to be happy!

I am showing these hands down more and more vs agressive opponents as I think how would I play the hand with their range. If I can think of hands in their range that I beat than make them pay!

Of course folding the flop is the low variance approach, three betting the turn and trying to get a cheap showdown is the high reward high variance alternative!

PS for those of you critisising OINK's peel it would seem he is the best player here from his posts.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course folding the flop is the low variance approach, three betting the turn and trying to get a cheap showdown is the high reward high variance alternative!

PS for those of you critisising OINK's peel it would seem he is the best player here from his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, he also admitted that his flop peel was bad.

I think we have AGGROHUSHPOSTER back, but now he's posting under 3 different new sn's.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:12 AM

raising with this hand is clearly -EV and to call on the flop with that texture is even more -EV, you did right to fold on the turn, I'm not saying O7s is totally unplayable, you can sometimes limp in with this hand from the button if many players are in, on the flop you have no pair and no draw, what'a hell where you doing there anyway?