Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: FTP Store WTFisms

[ QUOTE ]
Rumor has it that if you email Support directly, it is possible to get some of the items shipped to Europe that the store claims are North America only. I don't have enough points yet so I can't verify this. Anyone able to substantiate?

[/ QUOTE ]
Seeing as it's effectively free for FT to do so (provided you have RB), I should think they'd be open for accomodating their players...
Old 06-11-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rumor has it that if you email Support directly, it is possible to get some of the items shipped to Europe that the store claims are North America only. I don't have enough points yet so I can't verify this. Anyone able to substantiate?

[/ QUOTE ]
Seeing as it's effectively free for FT to do so (provided you have RB), I should think they'd be open for accomodating their players...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right is it?

If you and your affiliate together get say 30% of rakeback, then won't them giving you items still cost them 70% of the item value?

Suppose your MGR was $400, and you bought an item worth $400. They have now made nothing from you in that month.

If you hadn't bought it they would have shipped you and your affiliate $120 in rakeback and made $280.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right is it?

If you and your affiliate together get say 30% of rakeback, then won't them giving you items still cost them 70% of the item value?

Suppose your MGR was $400, and you bought an item worth $400. They have now made nothing from you in that month.

If you hadn't bought it they would have shipped you and your affiliate $120 in rakeback and made $280.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM

That ignores the 15k in rake you paid before to get enough points to buy the $400 item.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ordered the 80gb Ipod shipped to Europe, dont know about bigger things though.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:13 PM

what does that have to do with THIS months rake?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:45 PM

THIS month's rake has nothing to do with anything. You have to look at the entire amount of rake paid from start to finish on earning points for that item. If I have 299,000 points at the end of May then I only generate 1k more in June and buy a plasma tv, you are ahead for the month, but FTP is not losing money in the big picture because they still made ~70% of the rake from all 300k points.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:51 PM

i just ordered a few things today(heaphones, chips, cards), any guess on how long it will take to arrive? i live in us.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no way your getting full value for your points. Not a site around that will offer that. Some sites dont even have stores, you have to use your points as a door stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the point. The point is that two items with very similar point costs (and now I know they hit the MGR the same) have values that differ by about 80%.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just ordered a few things today(heaphones, chips, cards), any guess on how long it will take to arrive? i live in us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never received items earlier than 2 weeks, but I think the latest was 3.