Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 PM

Default House players?

Hey guys, I am still new to these forums and online poker itself. I was wondering if you guys ever felt sometimes that your opponent knew the cards that were coming (basically, house players). Sometimes i feel like the calls people make don't seem rational on any level of intelligence.

People calling bets, raises and reraises on a AKQ rainbow board with 44 and hitting another4 on the turn or the river.

Sorry if this question might sound dumb but I am still new and would like to hear the opinions of some veteran online players.

I play cash games (0.10-0.25$, 0,25$-0.50$) on partypoker and pokerstars for those who care along with small buy-in sit&go's.

Thanks in advance for those who reply.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: House players?

Ya, it's called a pattern mapper.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 AM

all it is, is that they r not good players and don't have much poker intelligence. note their terrible play and hope u see them over and over again. if u get really mad when the 2 outer comes. sit out for a while, easy to say hard to do, but it'll save ur bankroll. good luck.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:58 AM

Are you serious about that pattern mapper thing or are you just kidding khaos4k? I really need a serious answer because i got you saying something and then what23 saying another. I just started playing online and this might affect a lot in my decision of continuing.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 AM

You're playing at the online micro-limits (as do I). You can expect to see a lot of horrible calls. People chasing down an inside straight with a possible flush on the board and all kinds of craziness.

Basically, people at the levels you are playing at generally play badly. They make bad calls and bad bets... then they occasionally hit and think it's because of they're great play.

Best you can do is What23 said... if it puts you on tilt, sit out for a little while. Don't fall into their habit just because you get a bad beat every once in awhile though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious about that pattern mapper thing or are you just kidding khaos4k? I really need a serious answer because i got you saying something and then what23 saying another. I just started playing online and this might affect a lot in my decision of continuing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "pattern mapper" is a longstanding 2+2 joke.

There is a 0% chance that you're being cheated (in this way) at the bigger sites, and a 0.000001% chance on the smaller sites.

Just realize that if you get in as an 80% favorite, you WILL lose 1 in 5 times. These are the times a person is more likely to notice and remember.

Also you may, due to your inexperience, be giving players good odds (both direct, and implied) to draw out on you.

Study here, and stick with it. It'll come.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:02 PM

POTY
Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Thanks a lot for those who replied, made my decision a lot easier [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 04:39 PM

If people didn't make stupid calls, then it would be much harder to win money from them.

Getting sucked out is painful in the beginning, but with time you start to see it as a money making opportunity. You know they'll call when beat, so you learn to use that to your advantage.

The more hands you play the less you'll see a "conspiracy" against you and the more you'll just wonder how these people have money to play poker.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:44 PM

You guys are all WAY off base. Pattern mappers exist. And they work!

It's a well known mathmatical fact that RNGs (that's Random Number Generators)) are in no way random. And if it's not random, then it's predictable.

There is software available where you can input your table position, number of players, your two hole cards(rank & suite) and the Flop cards (rank & suite). The software will then predict the rank & suite of the Turn & River cards.

That's right. YOU can know the rank & suite of the Turn & River cards before they are delt.

Now ask yourself - How much would it be worth to me to know the rank & suite of the Turn & River cards before they are delt? How much more could I win if I knew the rank & suite of the Turn & River cards before they are delt?

Everyone on this forum knows me, and they all know I am a consistant winner at No Limit Hold'em cash games at the highest levels. I can tell you now that this software is what has been responsible for my phenominal, long-term success at the highest levels.

This software has been sold on e-Bay for $100.00, $200.00, $300,00 and even $500.00 dollars.

But now, as a special offer ONLY for 2+2 members, if you send me a PM with the subject line "at the highest levels" I will let you know how to get this software via e-mail for only $39.97. Shipping & handeling extra.

This software is no joke. It has been certified by the Mathmatics Foundation to be exactly almost always correct in it's predictions more than 80% of the time.

I'll say that again, because it's so important. This software has been certified by the Mathmatics Foundation to be exactly almost always correct in it's predictions more than 80% of the time.

That's right. You too can know the rank & suite of the Turn & River cards before thay are delt with unbeliveable accuracy. You can get this software imidiatly via e-mail all it will cost you is $39.97. Shipping & handeling extra.

Act now, because quantities are limited, and when it's gone it's GONE. Send me a PM TODAY with the subject line "at the highest levels" I will let you know how to get this software via e-mail for only $39.97. Shipping & handeling extra.