Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Countdown to CFA Level I

[ QUOTE ]
Little background and reason (where do you hope it will lead you) for taking the exams? I am thinking about taking the exam and asses the benefits as far as career goes. TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt this will help, but since you asked... I'm really an applied micro-econ/stats guy and looking to move towards macro-econ/finance. I really just signed up b/c a couple of people I trust and respect said it would be a good idea.

I'm going to almost certainly flunk b/c I just haven't been able to put in the time, but I've nevertheless found it useful for exposing me to a lot of stuff I'm interested in and for giving me some motivation to study.

Overall, I'm really not able to speak to career benefits but I would say that if you are interested in the material anyway, it's not a bad way to structure your studying and the possible certification benefits down the road can't hurt.

Also, even though it's not super-cheap, it's still a lot cheaper and easier than taking classes.