Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 PM

Default Neteller

Forgive me if this is a stupid question or the wrong forum. I'm looking for an answer from anyone who uses Neteller and is in Australia.

Basically, the question is how do you get your cash out? Do you have to get a cheque sent or can you withdraw money in some other way?

More generally, how do players in Australia get their cash in and out of the major sites? They all seem set up for North America and Europe. I play at PokerRoom at the moment and if I wanted to cash out, I'd need to get a cheque, which is a PITA. The other sites seem to be similar.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Neteller

You can get an eft transfer from neteller.

You can also get a debit card which will work in Aus atms - however the transaction fees for this is a bit of a killer.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:19 PM

Ps also check out www.pokernetwork.com if you are an aussie.

Its an Aus/NZ site with a forum and lots of info for local players
Old 06-28-2006, 11:27 PM

I use the Neteller Debit Card.
The problems with this method are -
Conversion fees from USD to CAD then at ATM to AUD.
Bank fees for $ withdrawal at ATM.
$2 fee per month on NT debit card if you don't use it with $ on it.

Otherwise a check takes 'time' to arrive in Australia & then bank makes you wait 3-4 weeks until it clears.
Also bank will charge you fees on top of that and take the lowest $ conversion rate as well.

Which is best depends on yourself, I prefer the quick method IE the debit card, but I'm figuring I am paying extra for the convenience.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can get an eft transfer from neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to an Aussie account though?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:34 AM

hmmm-sorry.I was under the impression it was available but its not according to their site.

I believe they will be introducing bank wires to anywhere in the world soon.

There is a service that is discussed regularly on pokernetwork. Here is the link for it it might help -http://www.pokernetwork.com/Nnoticeboard_reply.cfm?Summary_ID=7302
Old 06-29-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me if this is a stupid question or the wrong forum. I'm looking for an answer from anyone who uses Neteller and is in Australia.

Basically, the question is how do you get your cash out? Do you have to get a cheque sent or can you withdraw money in some other way?

More generally, how do players in Australia get their cash in and out of the major sites? They all seem set up for North America and Europe. I play at PokerRoom at the moment and if I wanted to cash out, I'd need to get a cheque, which is a PITA. The other sites seem to be similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in New Zealand and get a wire transfer to my bank account. USually takes 3-4 days (first one took longer). There is a $12.50 processing fee.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a $12.50 processing fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy gouging!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a $12.50 processing fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy gouging!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only looking to cash out a little bit. That's the problem! There's no feasible way to do it. Get a cheque and I pay my bank through the nose to convert it into Aussie dollars. Get a wire and get gouged. Gary's service doesn't work for PokerRoom. Ah well, boo hoo and all.

Anyway, I'm going to ask in the micro forum but I'll ask here too. Is there anyone with an account on Party and at PokerRoom who would be willing to do a favour for a fellow player? I'm looking for someone to voucher me at Party in exchange for a voucher on PokerRoom. PM me if you're willing.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:28 PM

Although I don't know if all sites accept it you might consider using myCitadel.

I don't use it myself, but am looking into it some since I am considering it for sites that are in non-US currency.

They charge $5 to withdrawal to your bank I believe, but according to them they don't charge conversion fees. You may want to verify with them first though since that was in regards to myCitadel to some site and opposed to myCitadel to your bank.