Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-20-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: NL 100 HU cash - tough spot

Don't hang your head low for this, just a cooler and move on to the next hand. Putting in 2/3rds of your stack with a FH and folding is atrocious.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: NL 100 HU cash - tough spot

Oh come on, guys, since when this forum became so weak-tight???
1)Dave is right, I'd call even with KQ here and INSTA-call anything better and still show some profit.
2)Villain is bad(but that's not proved, maybe you just think he s bad), so let's leave this factor away, give it a 25% chance, my estimation of it depended on the way you say stuff.
3)the size of the raise(believe 25% he is bad) on the turn by villain in my experience is NOT a single set, but perfectly top pair, two pair,draw,air
On the river hero checks, villain keeps value-betting, cos he might think hero is steaming. And here the hero check-raises, now the thought in villain's had:**** punk[villain goes brain damaged], goes all-in with almost ATC(some kind of villains go all-in with better then Ace-high here, most of them go all-in with K, any 2 pair/counterfeited, trips, any pocket pair) and rarely they will have hand that beats us here. Of course there SOME villains that wouldn't do this, but only with best hands, but another factor also it is NL100, so we'll increase some chance of hand worse than our.
3)Jennifer Tilly - the actress, the one that had that awesome U-tube video from high-stakes poker with Ivey and others?)))) How is her poker skill nowadays?

Cmon, guys...I see like fifty times a day guys do 5-6bet with crap in any spot, river is a special case against them. Just today i've called 3-bets 4-bets,5-bets with set on most dangerous not paired boards to see medium pair, called with 2pairs to see other lowest 2pairs etc...
and what is funny, that up to those points they try to play very tight, straght-forward, then they go crazy in some very very bad spot for them, like other man just sat at the table for them.