Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 05:57 PM

Default hey hey software gurus....

3 things

1. I have a paid PT (holdem) and gametime+ which is cool if I play ring games.... but I don't that much...except HORSE... more NLHE SNG and MTT... is there any free software I should know about that is --free-- that will help with SNGs... not looking to spend money on PaHUD or get anything mediocre and free like trials to SNGpokerwhiz2001 or whatever I have come across in my little bit of time spent searching

more seriously... I have 2 other concepts for software that I think could be useful...

1 is fairly esoteric and questionably legal at poker sites.. (I only play stars and FT really)... It isn't something that I have heard of ever............... I would find it useful.. others not so much... It isn't some sort of crazy tell me what to do I calculated every odd of the situation thing but possibly as game changing if it was created and legal to use... also, just want to say I am just some micro donk, don't want to cause trouble for any poker site =)

The last idea is kind of based on existing major online tracking software (sharkscpe, OPR, P5, etc), maybe not so great an idea but might be useful with the some people... (who own that stuff?) you guys come here right?

Just reply if you can tell me the awesome free software that will help me with SNGs that I have failed to scope out...

for questions 2 and 3 please be verifiably related to whatever website or a somewhat experienced poster in the software forum if you want me to elaborate... maybe my ideas are stupid...... who knows... ty all for reading
Old 11-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: hey hey software gurus....

lol
Old 11-16-2007, 08:07 PM

http://www.holdemranger.com/index.html
http://www.pokerstove.com/

That's for the first paragraph. I'm unable to read the rest (is it English?) so you are welcome but I was guessing and not reading [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 08:58 PM

Sorry my post is so funny [censored] but I think that my idea would be pretty damn useful to people much more pro than myself... I know I have never read the idea and if legal would be pretty powerful in conjunction with the typical HUD type stuff for multitablers. When you learn a new word besides lol give me a decent response. Or don't, because you are probably useless.

Also, thanks I have pokerstove and the other program from a quick glance, might be useful
Old 11-16-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry my post is so funny [censored] but I think that my idea would be pretty damn useful to people much more pro than myself... I know I have never read the idea and if legal would be pretty powerful in conjunction with the typical HUD type stuff for multitablers. When you learn a new word besides lol give me a decent response. Or don't, because you are probably useless.

Also, thanks I have pokerstove and the other program from a quick glance, might be useful

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I'd be glad to help, I just have absolutely no idea what you said.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:59 AM

I consider myself a fairly experienced poster in the sw forum. So there, please elaborate.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:02 PM

Sorry that I want to be somewhat unclear about my idea, just in case it is a viable way to make money. Plus I was drunk, so I was typing worse than usual =)

I guess the question about free software is solved, but I have yet to look at holdem ranger

To clarify what I was looking for about my software idea:

- That is great that you are an experienced poster HalvSame, but are you experienced programming software for poker? Nothing about you personally, I just want to see some credentials before even discussing the details. All you would have to say is that you might be interested and would be able to help, I can search for other posts about software you have written or whatever. I would have an NDA signed before saying my idea.

- I still need to do some research on how poker sites define what is legal and what isn't. Just from occasionally scanning this forum, my impression is that bots and anything that tells you what decision to make is illegal. Anything that simply tracks player data for the user to interpret is legal. Yet, I remember having to send $.02 to opt into one site (pokerDB? I forget)... based on new rules for stars. That isn't required for OPR, then there is SS... which is basically the same thing but was banned for use. (Or you can use it just not say that you are). What is the difference between these? Probably a few simple emails to support will give me a better idea if it is legal.

- I am interested in how these tracking sites actually get all that data, but I am not looking to make a clone of anything existing. I honestly believe that it is a novel idea and would be something that almost everyone who uses software would want. Obviously, since I am asking for free software, I am not rich. Anyone interested would possibly have to work for potential profits not a fee upfront. I am not sure what sort of investment would be needed besides hiring a programmer, and well, having a website for the software I guess.

- Maybe I could just pay a fee upfront for the time spent coding it.. I will spend the time first to see if it is actually legal. There is more to it than just coding that I will have to sort out first too.. I just wondered who is out there that might want this job.... =)... TY for reading/skimming my rantings
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- That is great that you are an experienced poster HalvSame, but are you experienced programming software for poker? Nothing about you personally, I just want to see some credentials before even discussing the details. All you would have to say is that you might be interested and would be able to help, I can search for other posts about software you have written or whatever. I would have an NDA signed before saying my idea.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, you didn't say anything about that in the OP. For the record I do have a little bit of experience with poker software, I've written maybe 5-6 scripts that are opensourced on the overcards.wiki, and I've got a degree in computer science. I'm not interested in working for/with you on this though. I read the thread as something like "I want someone with a little experience to chime in on whether this is feasible/legal", sorry if you got your hopes up. Btw I think there's something in the FAQ that says that using the forum for hiring programmers for private projects is not allowed.

[ QUOTE ]
- I still need to do some research on how poker sites define what is legal and what isn't. Just from occasionally scanning this forum, my impression is that bots and anything that tells you what decision to make is illegal. Anything that simply tracks player data for the user to interpret is legal. Yet, I remember having to send $.02 to opt into one site (pokerDB? I forget)... based on new rules for stars. That isn't required for OPR, then there is SS... which is basically the same thing but was banned for use. (Or you can use it just not say that you are). What is the difference between these? Probably a few simple emails to support will give me a better idea if it is legal.

[/ QUOTE ]In addition to the bot type programs, shared databases are generally not allowed. This is what got the first version of sixth sense banned IIRC. Also some sites (ie stars) ban datamining programs.

And a word of advice - don't announce business ideas while drunk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss your ideas, I won't out them (unless they are totally donkalicious and should be made public for others to laugh at [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).
Old 11-17-2007, 08:38 PM

lol

omg starting to get drunk so will tread lightly

It may be donkaliscious, as I don't understand what "shared databases" is offhand, but it actually has very little/nothing to do with datamining (think this is what you are talking about) ((2 ideas, not necessarily connected))

In part I am unsure if it is legal/feasible, but in part I think it will be legal and potentially quite profitable... maybe legal by "current rules" but made illegal after because it is too good. So, yeah I am sort of fishing for guidance, but I will tough it out and do the research on my own before bumping this unnecessarily again.

If anyone just wants to be helpful by linking to threads with info on how sites like SS get the data from all those SNG's or details on what is/is not legal, that would be great. PM me if you are interested, but if not, no big deal. I can search for someone on my own once I figure out if it is feasible.

TY
Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 PM

God Zan reading your posts makes me feel like I need glasses! I strain and strain but still, i can't make sense of the words!