Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this episode wasn't that great. Can't Hiro just go back in time before all of this and undo everything??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiro's powers to travel in time and change things aren't usable when it would interfere with the story.

God I hate time travel. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
while some of the show might have poor writing, i think they do an excellent job of creating a broad storyline and then fitting everything together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's less that they do a great job of this than that almost no shows do it at all. I mean, some shows have arcs like BSG, but outside of anime the only ones that are telling a constant story are what, Heroes, 24 and Lost? The closest we've really had to this before was like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but even on that the individual episodes stood alone while telling the season's story. I'm just saying, it's not the writers standing out so much as that they're doing something that's not really being done. If better writers were doing the same thing much more often on TV, the sucky writing on this show would stand out more.

Of course, soap operas have been doing this for decades. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i was going to compare it to Lost. Having a great concept, and the ability to intertwine so many different characters and relationships, can definitely compensate for poor writing. They just better not [censored] up the culminating ending like they did with the 1st season.

which i think will involve hiro killing kensei (adam monroe)
Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM

Any speculations for what "they" did? Lots of questioning in this episode about what the "original" group of heroes did in the past.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this episode wasn't that great. Can't Hiro just go back in time before all of this and undo everything??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiro's powers to travel in time and change things aren't usable when it would interfere with the story.

God I hate time travel. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yeah can't hiro just go back and save his dad? Time travel is so imbalanced
Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Didn't they address this with Hiro's multiple attempts to save his waitress girlfriend? Haven't watched the second season, though.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 PM

When was it established that Kensei/Adam killed Sulu? I don't think they ever actually said that. Are we figuring that to be the case because of the fall and then him just getting up and walking away? Couldn't it just as easily have been Mori playing with Sulu's mind?

There are still a few women from the picture that haven't been identified, I would guess one of them is the Storm of this universe.

C-Dog
Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When was it established that Kensei/Adam killed Sulu? I don't think they ever actually said that. Are we figuring that to be the case because of the fall and then him just getting up and walking away? Couldn't it just as easily have been Mori playing with Sulu's mind?

[/ QUOTE ] It wasn't necessarily Adam (especially Nakamura's comment when he saw him makes it seem like it wasn't Adam), but given today's episode it was 95%+ Adam. And no, it could not be Parkman's dad.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't it just as easily have been Mori playing with Sulu's mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mori = Cute Japanese girl
Maury = Middle aged, overweight Jewish guy
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] It wasn't necessarily Adam (especially Nakamura's comment when he saw him makes it seem like it wasn't Adam), but given today's episode it was 95%+ Adam. And no, it could not be Parkman's dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't it be Parkman's dad? Nightmare man is Adam's henchman. Adam issues the orders. Nightmare man executes them.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some things from this week's show

1. Adam murdered Hiro's dad
3. Adam is Claire's father
3. Mohinder for having some degree in something is still an idiot
4. It's Mohinder that shoots HRG
5. I want to kill pretty-boy flying douche

[/ QUOTE ]

Three or four out of five isn't bad. 1, 3, and 5 are certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know that in season 1 they said Nathan is Claire's father. They are going to pull a switch and say that wasn't true and Momma Petrilla made Nathan think that to keep him in line politically. They are setting up the big surprise that Adam is really her father.