UTG: $3.05
UTG+1: $7.75
Hero: $9.65
MP2: $11.55
CO: $9.15
Button: $11.75
SB: $12.60
BB: $6

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.1, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $3</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $16.1
Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: (NL10) TPTK + nut flush draw on paired board

I'd raise the turn to $6 or so. If called, I'd call a reasonable river bet and might raise.

As played, I think I'd raise the river. What do you think he has? 66, 67, KK, 77? Pretty narrow, and KK and 77 are unlikely. I can't imagine he'd bet only $1 on the turn with a made hand after you raised flop.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 PM

I think this is fine. No sense in raising the river as you are likly to only get called by a boat, meh maybe a weaker flush too. Without a read that the SB is a fish I think I just call this. Two questions, 1. are the flop and turn bets blocks chasing a draw or is it a made flush make tiny value bets? 2. Should hero have raised the flop more?

Edit: God I'm weak tight.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine he'd bet only $1 on the turn with a made hand after you raised flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the problem. So many people at this level will bet so strange because they just don't know how to bet. They figure 'I have a made flush or two pair but not the nuts, I'll save money by betting weak'.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:07 PM

If you think they think that they have a made hand but not the nuts, raise them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. are the flop and turn bets blocks chasing a draw or is it a made flush make tiny value bets? 2. Should hero have raised the flop more?

[/ QUOTE ]
I really wondered about both of these. His small bet on the turn either said "I have the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and want to see a cheap river" or "I have teh boat. Call me, pretty please."

I don't know if I should have raised more on the flop. If villain has a set I shouldn't raise at all, of course. If he has a K and is no complete idiot he will shut down if I raise more. I'm not afraid of giving cheap cards (I have a draw to the nut flush, after all), so I don't think raising more would be good.

Villain showed 76. I think this is the only had he can hold where I should have raised more on the flop. I'm slightly ahead, so I'd be happy to get all in there, and he will surely shut down if another flush card hits on the turn.

Good thing I didn't raise the river. I think the only hands that will call me there are boats and maybe the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. But only if he's dumb.