Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: NL50 - 1010 flops overpair 200bb deep bvb

[ QUOTE ]
If you just call the flop, what are you doing on a diamond, A, 6, 9, or any paint turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm check/calling most turns, folding some. Depends on card and betsize, hard to give a line on all possible combinations.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:06 AM

Okay an A or 6 hits the straight, a diamond completes the flush, and a 9 pairs the top card. How do we c/c any of those and if we do, are we c/c-ing the river if it blanks as well?
On a side note, this is BvB and people in these situations act like complete maniacs much more often than not at these limits.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay an A or 6 hits the straight, a diamond completes the flush, and a 9 pairs the top card. How do we c/c any of those and if we do, are we c/c-ing the river if it blanks as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally I think the only cards I might find a fold on is 9d/Ad. Still depending on betsize obv. If the board blanks I likely c/c both turn and river, but again, it depends.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:44 AM

So youre content calling two reasonable bets if a diamond hits? I guess if I am going to just flat his flop raise, Im going to c/c anything except a 9, A, or diamond on two streets.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So youre content calling two reasonable bets if a diamond hits? I guess if I am going to just flat his flop raise, Im going to c/c anything except a 9, A, or diamond on two streets.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I said if the board blanks I'm calling both turn and river. I don't consider a diamond a blank. I'm with you, I'm usually check/calling down any non diamond, 9, A.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Sorry I worded that wrong, you said you would only find a fold on a 9 or A of diamonds. I am guessing you meant that you would call any other diamond on the turn but fold to a river bet.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I worded that wrong, you said you would only find a fold on a 9 or A of diamonds. I am guessing you meant that you would call any other diamond on the turn but fold to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's what I meant. But as said, that's in general. With some funky betsizing from villain I might be inclined to call down lighter or thinner.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:16 PM

A few things I've learned that might help:

- People don't have the flush very often. With this guy's calling range, I'd guess suited cards make up only maybe 40% of his range. Then, only 1/4 of those are actually diamonds.

- it's also important to note that most 25nl players are not aggressive with draws. A flat call is waaaaay more common than a raise here with just the FD.

I call the raise, reeval on turn, c/c or c/f like someone above said. This is one of those spots that always suck, and the better you know your opponent the better you can make your play.

Questions you should ask yourself:
- how aggressive is villain, would he raise with air, a flush draw, etc?
- how capable is the villain of firing 2 streets
- will villain bluff the river if he whiffs? (this will make it tougher to get to a cheap showdown)
- this is a really raggy flop. what are the odds villain is simply making a move here because he assumes you are bluffing (c-betting)?

The ideal villain to call down against here is on the passive side, because he'll check behind with a lot of weaker holdings.